Chris Sale scratched from start

Baron

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
Which is also partially the FO's fault.

Had they set the ground rules years ago that this crap isn't allowed, then these conflicts would be avoided. Sale acted in a very immature manner, no doubt, but come on. This should've never happened if there were established rules in place.

Wow, I didn't think was necessary to have specific rules against cutting up your tea mates uniforms.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)
I can explain. If new info comes out or something I'm using for my assumption is wrong then obviously my stance will change but for now this where I stand.

So what I've been seeing is that each staring pitcher for the sox gets to choose what jerseys are worn the day they pitch. Sale told them the '76 jerseys are very uncomfortable and to not wear them when he pitches (exactly the way it's been done to my knowledge).

The Sox then basically said to sale (not in these words but the jist of it is there) we don't care that's it's your choice, we don't care that your uncomfortable, we don't care that you may pitch bad, we really don't care if we lose.

Sale then decided to cut the jerseys up bc he was sick and tired of the sox front office constantly wanting to put PR and jersey sales above winning baseball games.

Now I'm not saying cutting up the jerseys was the best decision or even an ok decision but I'd give Sale a standing ovation for trying to change the f***ing awful culture that exists within the Sox organization that mostly starts in the front office.

The goal is to win baseball games and make the playoffs. If nobody does anything this laid back attitude in the front office is never gonna change.

Thank you Sale for trying to change the losing culture that exists in the Sox organization, maybe do it in a little different way next time though.

Not on days where promotional jerseys are worn and scheduled before the season started.

With all the adulation professional athletes receive, maybe he forgot that he's an employee. You get paid millions of dollars to put on a particular shirt and go throw a ball. Sane people just put the shirt on.

That said, I think the Sox and Bulls are headed in one direction until Reinsdorf passes on. Sad.

Sale needs to grow up actually. Man up if you're pissed off about trade rumors. We're in the middle of a catastrophic season (in regards to starting fast and juts absolutely falling like the titanic). Everyone's name gets bantered about this time of year. Lot of them don't even last 5 seconds I'm sure. It's part of the game if this is one of your gripes.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)
Not on days where promotional jerseys are worn and scheduled before the season started.

You don't have to wear them, just give them away. Winning comes first, otherwise this s*** will continue for years and it obviously will until KW is thrown out on his ass

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
You don't have to wear them, just give them away. Winning comes first, otherwise this s*** will continue for years and it obviously will until KW is thrown out on his ass

I think this is blown out of proportion and boils down to more than the f***ing jerseys obviously. It's f***ing silly is what it is.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:12 PM)

You seriously believe that wearing a different uniform makes a difference in winning?

This is the difference in winning? Wearing a different jersey?

I'm sure KW didn't care about the promotional day other than "ok Brooks."

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
You seriously believe that wearing a different uniform makes a difference in winning?

Lol no kidding

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:16 PM)
Would love to know what really happened and what drove this. Can't just be him deciding randomly to cut up the uni's. Clearly more to this, but why the hell are people leaking this crap anyway. Keep it in the clubhouse.

That's what happens when you're in s free fall season while having a bad front office.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:18 PM)

Speaking of this, I did see Brooks Boyer walking up from scout seats to the top of section 133 about 20 minutes after it was announced that Sale had the "flu", as I was getting to my seat. I later noticed that we were not wearing the 76 uniforms. Probably should have connected those dots.

If nothing else Chris Sale owes his teammates and his fans a big and public apology. This is the ultimate act of putting yourself in front of the team. If you want to be a leaders and the face an organization, you have to be grown up enough to handle a freaking dress code.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
Would love to know what really happened and what drove this. Can't just be him deciding randomly to cut up the uni's. Clearly more to this, but why the hell are people leaking this crap anyway. Keep it in the clubhouse.

If they have really covered for him multiple other times, my guess is that they couldn't cover this one up for some reason.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:23 PM)
If they have really covered for him multiple other times, my guess is that they couldn't cover this one up for some reason.

They tried to with the flu story. My guess is that cutting up all the jerseys was too obvious and a crazy story so it got out.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)
I knew Sale having his name in trade rumors would offend him and have him explode. The dude is a hot head and takes pretty much everything personally.

I was thinking this too, it wasn't just coincidental.

However, if Sale had pitched a terrible game it wouldn't have changed his value any more than if this incident happened. If they want to trade him they should do it as quick as possible. Otherwise, just do damage control (always a specialty of the White Sox) and work with dealing Quintana

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:18 PM)

Sale said they were VERY uncomfortable, let's see someone go out there and pitch in a suit and tie. If they strike out 9 batters or so against Detroit then I'm wrong, if they get blasted (which they will) then there might be something to it. Didnt the sox already alter the uniforms bc they were the ones that had shorts instead of pants.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:34 PM)
Sale said they were VERY uncomfortable, let's see someone go out there and pitch in a suit and tie. If they strike out 9 batters or so against Detroit then I'm wrong, if they get blasted (which they will) then there might be something to it. Didnt the sox already alter the uniforms bc they were the ones that had shorts instead of pants.

They only wore the shorts a handful of times.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:34 PM)

If he is truly that mentally weak, he has bigger issues. Of course, with his reported behavior in multiple cases, I guess it's proven he does.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
If he is truly that mentally weak, he has bigger issues. Of course, with his reported behavior in multiple cases, I guess it's proven he does.

So if Sale can't get the extension he wants in his arm when he pitches bc of the jersey, somehow he is mentally weak....

He's perfectly able to let management know that the jerseys are terrible. He can b**** and moan a lot if he wants. But he has to go out and pitch regardless. He also has to not stab the jerseys with a knife as a form of sabotage. I almost wonder if he thought he could get away with it without anyone knowing who did it. Either way he thought he could ruin the jerseys to get his way and the Sox had no choice but to nip it in the bud.