Chris Sale scratched from start

Baron

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:56 PM)
Sale barks at Robin whenever he pulls him from the game.

He's a lot of things, but mentally weak isn't one of them.

If you think that the only recourse to wearing an uncomfortable uniform is attacking your teams uniforms with knife, yes you are.

Besides what is there about yelling at your boss, makes you not mentally weak? It may means you're competitive or have anger issues but it doesn't make you mentally tough.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:25 PM)
They tried to with the flu story. My guess is that cutting up all the jerseys was too obvious and a crazy story so it got out.

Yeah, my guess is that there were people around in the clubhouse who were not team people and told the story. The Sox seemed like they were going to hide it with the flu thing, and then the truth leaked out and they had no choice but to fess up.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:57 PM)
He's perfectly able to let management know that the jerseys are terrible. He can b**** and moan a lot if he wants. But he has to go out and pitch regardless. He also has to not stab the jerseys with a knife as a form of sabotage. I almost wonder if he thought he could get away with it without anyone knowing who did it. Either way he thought he could ruin the jerseys to get his way and the Sox had no choice but to nip it in the bud.

Exactly,. If it was that bad he could have pitched tomorrow. I can understand the concept but his actions to rectify the problem are inexcusable.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:01 PM)
Great media subplot for the City Series next week.

You wonder if he will either apologize publicly or dig in further and refuse to discuss it at all.

A testament to his character will be to see if he understands that he did not handle it well.

To the guys saying he was justified because "the jerseys were uncomfortable" Give me a freaking break! This dude is getting paid MILLIONS of dollars to pitch every 5 days. I would go out there and pitch in my birthday suit if they were giving me that much money. He is a child who must have never been told no growing up. Absolutely no sympathy.

Reading on another site.. says the argument started with the jerseys then Sale got into it with Hahn over the trade rumors and wanted to know what was going on... went ballistic from there. TIFWIW of course.. don't know the person who said it but it sounds likely to me.

JJ Stankevitz ‏@JJStankevitz 2m2 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Jose Quintana will still start Sunday for #WhiteSox. Robin Ventura declined comment on what happened with Chris Sale.

Slavko Bekovic ‏@SBekovic 4m4 minutes ago

Robin on plans for next Sale start: "None right now." #WhiteSox

QUOTE (Green Line @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:07 AM)
To the guys saying he was justified because "the jerseys were uncomfortable" Give me a freaking break! This dude is getting paid MILLIONS of dollars to pitch every 5 days. I would go out there and pitch in my birthday suit if they were giving me that much money. He is a child who must have never been told no growing up. Absolutely no sympathy.

I never said he was justified, I said I applaud him for trying to show the brain dead team that you are here to win and if the jerseys are preventing that then it's up the the front office to do something about it. The front office decided to nothing (cause they wantedtheir PR and money) which showed sale what there mindset is and he went off. The front office botched this one and sale really botched it.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:18 PM)
Reading on another site.. says the argument started with the jerseys then Sale got into it with Hahn over the trade rumors and wanted to know what was going on... went ballistic from there. TIFWIW of course.. don't know the person who said it but it sounds likely to me.

Hopefully, sale didnt pull out the knife while the argument was going on. Can you imagine being Hahn when sale is mad and pulls out the knife to attack the uniforms.?

No he's not justified; but the team stinks, there are swirling trade rumors. Tensions are clearly going to be high.

Where is the leadership to stop this from escalating?

Any leadership at all from other players, the manager or the general manager to simmer things down; or to proactively address these things?

Just another manifestation of organizational dysfunction.

And if the beef is with Williams, well that's likely because his underlings who should handle these things, don't. He had to handle the Laroche mess; Ventura couldn't handle his own clubhouse; we know Rick Hahn wasn't going to do anything.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:27 PM)
I hope you all know that there were no "jersey sales". This jersey was not even for sale, it was a free giveaway.

If you were Sale, wouldn't you justifiably feel marketing/pr/concessions revenues/profits were prioritized over field a winning team?

Especially after starting his career in 2010 and then 2012.

Completely disagree with immature actions, but the fanbase definitely shares similar frustrations with the front office. The key difference being we don't have the option of turning over buffet tables or sabotaging uniforms.

Easy to imagine Hahn just walking away. KW would have tried to get into a fist fight...after having the team and front office so clearly called out and direspected. Fried chicken and brews, inimitably ChiSox style.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:23 PM)
I never said he was justified, I said I applaud him for trying to show the brain dead team that you are here to win and if the jerseys are preventing that then it's up the the front office to do something about it. The front office decided to nothing (cause they wantedtheir PR and money) which showed sale what there mindset is and he went off. The front office botched this one and sale really botched it.

Of all the things you could possibly blame, it is the jersey's fault? Oh come on.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 08:29 PM)
People defending Sale are doing it because they just hate this team and organization now so they want to back him no matter what. Chris really needs to learn to keep his emotions in check.

What he did to the jerseys was stupid. Having him not pitch because of it is more stupid.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:44 PM)
Yeah, I don't blame Sale for being a bit high strung if trade rumor speculation was involved. Chris is a loyal guy and it's got to be tough dealing with this s***.

He's a loyal guy? Is that was he was being during Spring Training when he publicly threw his boss under the bus and embaressed the organization? He was loyal to Drake, I suppose.

Edited by Green Line

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:47 PM)
What he did to the jerseys was stupid. Having him not pitch because of it is more stupid.

Totally disagree. If he did what was reported, he is out of his mind. NO WAY that would be tolerated in any other profession, sports or otherwise. Can you imagine a well run org like the Hawks tolerating that? Hell even the Bears. He was way out of line and he's lucky the Sox even tried to cover for his a**