Chris Sale scratched from start

Baron

QUOTE (Green Line @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:48 PM)
He's a loyal guy? Is that was he was being during Spring Training when he publicly threw his boss under the bus and embaressed the organization? He was loyal to Drake, I suppose.

No offense dude, you can call out Sale for being immature and hot-headed, but don't question his loyalty. He's been awesome to his teammates, our fanbase, and the organization. Just because he doesn't see eye to eye with KW at times doesn't mean he's not a loyal dude. It's pretty sad this incident is going to cause some Sox fans to change their perspective on him.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Green Line @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:48 PM)
He's a loyal guy? Is that was he was being during Spring Training when he publicly threw his boss under the bus and embaressed the organization? He was loyal to Drake, I suppose.

He'd probably feel a lot more loyal if management had assembled a competent team, especially given that he's earning under-market. He might be asking to be traded for all I know...that can lead to tension too. He's certainly not disloyal, but loyalty stuff can be overblown.

Dick is right. He's a jerk for doing what he did. But you don't send him home - what is this, high school suspension time?

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:55 PM)
No offense dude, you can call out Sale for being immature and hot-headed, but don't question his loyalty. He's been awesome to his teammates, our fanbase, and the organization. Just because he doesn't see eye to eye with KW at times doesn't mean he's not a loyal dude. It's pretty sad this incident is going to cause some Sox fans to change their perspective on him.

Sorry dude, don't see where he's gone above and beyond to demonstrate some kind of loyalty that in any way justifies this. He's been loyal to certain players (Laroche) and lashed out at management, but I dont see how he's been any more "loyal" than countless other Sox that have passed thru. He's now been in the middle of two ridiculous debacles this season that he has directly inserted himself into.

Agree to disagree. I am devastated to see it come to this. He is one of the best pitchers in Sox history, and it kills me that he will be wasted like this.

Edited by Green Line

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:55 AM)

Debatable on this one. Dude's a stellar teammate and great with fans, but to the org itself...eh, kinda.

Trying to start fights in clubhouses, cussing out your boss and slashing jerseys with a knife isn't great behavior. If Sale weren't the star player, he'd be out of the league for this s***.

The decision of trading Q or Sale is easy now. Go with the level headed one.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:55 PM)

If he is putting himself into situations where he is taking a knife to uniforms just because he doesn't want to wear them, the only person he is being loyal to at that point is himself. Sure 99% of the time he has been a good solider, but something like this is inexcusable. I can't think of a single situation similar to this in pro sports, back to the whole McMahon headband thing.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:04 AM)
there are still rumblings that he wasn't sent home and rather left on his own

Sox need to grab that and keep up the hard spin that they sent him home. They need to take one for the "maintaining trade value" team on that one.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:12 PM)
But this makes it clear Robin needs to go. No more inmates running the asylum s***.

Agree. I didn't see your post but I typed the same thing. No inmates running the asylum. Clearly Robin isn't a leader of men.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:04 AM)
Debatable on this one. Dude's a stellar teammate and great with fans, but to the org itself...eh, kinda.

Trying to start fights in clubhouses, cussing out your boss and slashing jerseys with a knife isn't great behavior. If Sale weren't the star player, he'd be out of the league for this s***.

The decision of trading Q or Sale is easy now. Go with the level headed one.

Like I said, he's immature and a hot-head. No questions there. But his actions don't mean he's not loyal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:06 AM)
If he is putting himself into situations where he is taking a knife to uniforms just because he doesn't want to wear them, the only person he is being loyal to at that point is himself. Sure 99% of the time he has been a good solider, but something like this is inexcusable. I can't think of a single situation similar to this in pro sports, back to the whole McMahon headband thing.

I'm not defending his actions tonight, based on the facts we have so far, his reaction was childish. I'm just saying this one act shouldn't wash away all the good he's done for us. I'm probably the biggest supporter of trading Chris, but I also realize how awesome he has been to us fans. He will always be one of my favorite players, even if I think this event and the Drake event are ridiculous. If this really is the end of his career with the Sox, it's sad to see him go out like this. He deserves better.

We all recall when Sale had some angry words for Kenny Williams during the LaRoach incident and blamed KW and KW alone for LaRoach/LaRoach Jr. leaving. I hope this is not the case but the possibility that there may be a racial element to Sale's dislike for Kenny Williams has crossed my mind. It also could just be some residual hurt feelings and bitterness over the LaRoach affair. Either way this kind of behavior/insubordination seems to indicate Sale intentionally did something stupid because he wants out.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:51 AM)
We all recall when Sale had some angry words for Kenny Williams during the LaRoach incident and blamed KW and KW alone for LaRoach/LaRoach Jr. leaving. I hope this is not the case but the possibility that there may be a racial element to Sale's dislike for Kenny Williams has crossed my mind. It also could just be some residual hurt feelings and bitterness over the LaRoach affair. Either way this kind of behavior/insubordination seems to indicate Sale intentionally did something stupid because he wants out.

Horrible post.

I really don't want Sale to be traded. To me, he's pretty much untouchable.

However, his behavior at times is pretty embarrassing. It's hard enough being a Sox fan without having to defend the dumb things players/management find themselves in the news for doing. There's hardly ever a positive, feel-good Sox story.

As for the uniforms, I like the '76 throwbacks. Kind of tired of the '83s.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:24 PM)
Hopefully, sale didnt pull out the knife while the argument was going on. Can you imagine being Hahn when sale is mad and pulls out the knife to attack the uniforms.?

That's such and awesome image.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
I hope you all know that there were no "jersey sales". This jersey was not even for sale, it was a free giveaway.

You need a new signature. You can use mine if you like or PM me a request and I'll make one for you. Goes for anyone here - PM me for a sig. I wanna flex my photoshop muscles.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:51 PM)

You watch too much mainstream media. And quite frankly that is ridiculous to suggest without evidence.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:51 PM)
I hope this is not the case but the possibility that there may be a racial element to Sale's dislike for Kenny Williams has crossed my mind.

I hope you get a ban for this stupidity.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 02:13 AM)
It seems like this front office clashes with everybody. Ozzie now Sale. Maybe it's time to start thinking it's the front office that's the problem. Sale obviously shouldn't have handled it this way but maybe it's the only way they feel they can get the front office to listen?

If everybody is two abrasive hot heads, you may need to redefine everybody.