Marlins scouting Mig Gonzalez

southsider2k5

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't have anything really on their farm. Not a single top 100 prospect. Kolek, who's still recovering from TJ is their number one rated guy... Followed by a 19 year old first round 2015 ( 12th overall ) firstbase left handed power bat.

I'd gladly take either of them for Gonzo.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 07:43 PM)
If Sox win 2 or 3 against the Cubs and then win 2/3 against the Twins, does anyone here think they will sell? I honestly don't think they trade away anyone.

They damn well should.

Edit: They'd be just a couple games over .500 - likely about 7 out of first and have at least 6 teams in front of them in the wild card. Add to that fact, they'd have about 20 something games against central division teams who they are playing at a ~.200 clip against.

Sell, sell, and sell.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
They damn well should.

Edit: They'd be just a couple games over .500 - likely about 7 out of first and have at least 6 teams in front of them in the wild card. Add to that fact, they'd have about 20 something games against central division teams who they are playing at a ~.200 clip against.

Sell, sell, and sell.

I want them to as well but you never know with this front office.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
If Sox win 2 or 3 against the Cubs and then win 2/3 against the Twins, does anyone here think they will sell? I honestly don't think they trade away anyone.

I don't trust them to sell until they do.

I don't think they'll sell Q or Sale, if for no other reason that I just don't think the offers will be at the acceptable level. But they can moveDuke or Frazier or Robertson.

And Gonzo absolutely should be marketed; as well as Shields. If they can't move any of these second tier guys, then Hahn is baying at the moon instead of taking a serious approach.

Edited by GreenSox

Gonzalez might actually wind up being more valuable to the Sox then what we can get in return for him right now. Unless someone wants to give you a sexy piece I would say hold onto him and build upon his success. We always need quality starting pitching and will definitely value his arm if we trade Q or Sale.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 11:13 PM)
Marlins have absolutely nothing to trade. Miguel Gonzalez has actually been really good for the Sox.

Could be, especially if the Sox trade Sale. They'll need some ability in the rotation, and this might preclude more rush-ups.

But Gonzales has a track record...we know what he is: a capable 4/5. If someone offers something good, then you make a move. And it likely will be low minors guys, but so be it. There's room there in this organization.

I'd say the same with Shields. If you trade Sale keep him, if not, move him if the offers warrant.

He has had 11 quality starts, out of 14 chances. That is extraordinary for a number 4 or 5 starter.

He has one more year of control, before he becomes a free agent after next season. His current $5 million contract is a bargain.

What do you think he will get in arbitration?

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
He has had 11 quality starts, out of 14 chances. That is extraordinary for a number 4 or 5 starter.

He has one more year of control, before he becomes a free agent after next season. His current $5 million contract is a bargain.

What do you think he will get in arbitration?

Sox signed him to a minor league deal. He makes much less than $5M, more like $500k.