AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 08:34 PM)
Walk this way...

Exciting but some sloppy play by the Sox. Eaton's been having a recent run of sloppy fielding but then again Melky robbed Bryant of a HR with a great catch.They blew the lead again in the 9th but then again that just set up the 3rd straight walk off win.

So we create a mess then fix it with a little magic.

So the victory song is " Dirty Magic" by the Offspring

:snr

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 12:43 AM)
Exciting but some sloppy play by the Sox. Eaton's been having a recent run of sloppy fielding but then again Melky robbed Bryant of a HR with a great catch.They blew the lead again in the 9th but then again that just set up the 3rd straight walk off win.

So we create a mess then fix it with a little magic.

So the victory song is " Dirty Magic" by the Offspring

:snr

Eaton is slightly injured right now and its hurting him a bit on the base paths and in the field. He wont come out or show it though, but his foot is hurting him.

I'll never find displeasure in winning...but here we go again with a little hot streak right around the deadline. Could very well alter the course of the decisions that SHOULD be made. That being said...I hope we keep winning--regardless of what moves we make and who is on our roster.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:53 PM)
We don't really know that. They haven't committed to blowing it up. They're open minded and listening. That's all we know. What if they go 5-2 this week? They can easily change their mind and buy or stand pat.

I was mostly joking. However, weekly records don't matter. What does matter is the number of games back. If the Sox go 5-2 and gain like 2 games in the division, you still sell. Reason being, you would have to go 5-2 for a long time to really get back into this and this team has shown they are incapable of playing at that kind of level.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:11 AM)
I'll never find displeasure in winning...but here we go again with a little hot streak right around the deadline. Could very well alter the course of the decisions that SHOULD be made. That being said...I hope we keep winning--regardless of what moves we make and who is on our roster.

I get your point on that, but the Sox are under 5 percent to make the postseason, and they actually have a better chance to win the division than the second wildcard. They're selling if they get right deals.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:14 AM)
I was mostly joking. However, weekly records don't matter. What does matter is the number of games back. If the Sox go 5-2 and gain like 2 games in the division, you still sell. Reason being, you would have to go 5-2 for a long time to really get back into this and this team has shown they are incapable of playing at that kind of level.

I know it doesn't matter but it will sway the Sox decision (see: 2015 season; granted we didn't have as much to sell. Granted I guess we had Samardizja, Robertson, Duke).

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:30 AM)
I know it doesn't matter but it will sway the Sox decision (see: 2015 season; granted we didn't have as much to sell. Granted I guess we had Samardizja, Robertson, Duke).

They could find themselves within 5 games or so and make the dumb decision to buy or keep things the same and it would be a mistake.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)
They could find themselves within 5 games or so and make the dumb decision to buy or keep things the same and it would be a mistake.

Buying would be a mistake. Turning down a really good offer for either sale or Quintana would also be a mistake. However, if they don't get the offer they want ie, no moncada, mazara or urias from the respective teams, it would not be a mistake to wait until the offseason to make the deals.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 10:37 AM)
Buying would be a mistake. Turning down a really good offer for either sale or Quintana would also be a mistake. However, if they don't get the offer they want ie, no moncada, mazara or urias from the respective teams, it would not be a mistake to wait until the offseason to make the deals.

This. Or midseason next year if they suck again, or after 2017. They still have a window to be good next year with keeping this team intact and adding a couple stopgaps.

The Sox are only going to trade Q or Sale if the offer is to good to be true. Too many people around here just want to see trades - the Sox need to do this the right way. Patience.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 08:59 AM)
This. Or midseason next year if they suck again, or after 2017. They still have a window to be good next year with keeping this team intact and adding a couple stopgaps.

The Sox are only going to trade Q or Sale if the offer is to good to be true. Too many people around here just want to see trades - the Sox need to do this the right way. Patience.

It's really not as hopeless as everyone seems to think it is expecting some big sell off. The year before the Sox won the World Series they went 83-79. So all the Sox have to do is get a Japanese 2nd baseman, trade our slugging LF'er for a speedy one and a reliever and pick a rookie closer up off the scrap heap. Sure Hahn hasn't had much luck with his acquisitions but maybe they splurge on Cespedes next year ( ha) or get luckier unlike this year when players practically fell into their laps but still don't sign them ).