Anthony Ranaudo starting vs. Cubs on Wednesday

ScootsMcGoots

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)
Yet somehow Jacob Turner remains on the big league team. LOL.

Mark

The difference is that Turner is available to pitch out of the pen right now. Ranaudo isn't going to be able to pitch for days because he just started. For a fried Bullpen, that is meaningful.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 12:13 PM)
Chances are after the dust settles on the trade deadline, Ranaudo will be back soon after.

But Fulmer needs more minor league time too. He shouldn't be here anymore.

+2

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 04:23 PM)
Fulmer's had 2 bad games, I don't think it's fair to jump on the omgz he isn't ready bandwagon.

When you couple it with his underwhelming minor league season, I think it's fair to say he should be back in the minors starting, if that's the long term plan.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)
When you couple it with his underwhelming minor league season, I think it's fair to say he should be back in the minors starting, if that's the long term plan.

For me it's just not in his poor past two outings - it's the disparity between those appearances and his first couple. He looked great and was popping some nice stuff in his debut. Last night he looked aweful with fastballs ranging 89 - 91. That's a big concern for me and I'd like an explaination as to why his velocity is so down.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 04:23 PM)
Fulmer's had 2 bad games, I don't think it's fair to jump on the omgz he isn't ready bandwagon.

He's had control issues much like in AA. It never made sense from the get go. I like getting a look at him but I think it'd be more beneficial to have him in AA starting considering that's what they want him to be. If he had better control, I wouldn't mind him in the pen for this season.