Crosstown Cup Game Thread, Game 2

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 07:51 PM)
Shields should be on a very short leash to begin the 7th

This isn't quite the same as Miguel entering the 7th. Shields has proven over his career that he can go deep into games. I wouldn't be mad at an insurance run, but it's not like we are pulling him if the leadoff guy gets on.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 07:55 PM)
Go to the bullpen and try to sell Shields to someone using his name and the ERA of his last 7 starts. Dude is gonna start giving up some serious runs again soon.

Give Shields one more inning. I do. not. trust this bullpen to go 3 innings without imploding. It's literally impossible at this point.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 07:59 PM)
I trust Duke-Jones-Robertson more than a gassed 2016 Shields

Typically, yes. The problem is all three of Duke/Jones/Robertson also are gassed from the last few days.

Duke has pitched in 3 of the last 4, and 4 of the last 6.

Robertson made 3 appearances in 2 days.

Jones didn't pitch yesterday, but had thrown in 3 straight days, and 4 of 5 before that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 07:03 PM)
Typically, yes. The problem is all three of Duke/Jones/Robertson also are gassed from the last few days.

Duke has pitched in 3 of the last 4, and 4 of the last 6.

Robertson made 3 appearances in 2 days.

Jones didn't pitch yesterday, but had thrown in 3 straight days, and 4 of 5 before that.

Maybe you're right. I'm just not expecting these results from Shields to last that much longer and I'm hoping when the runs do come they come for another team.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 08:07 PM)
Maybe you're right. I'm just not expecting these results from Shields to last that much longer and I'm hoping when the runs do come they come for another team.

It is kind of a catch 22 at this point. I would personally let Shields go out there and if someone gets on you replace him