The Possibility of the Curve Ball from the Sox...

shipps

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
If I'm Hahn, I'm only using Texas for posturing.

I disagree, I think Profar, Gallo, and especially Mazara are pretty enticing. I am not sure why the hate on Profar, he struggled last season with injuries and now healthy as a 23 year-old is hitting .296/.349/.414 in the big leagues. Gallo's swing and miss is concerning, but he has Chris Davis type upside with unworldly raw power.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
I'm just not enthused with Texas top prospects we could get for Sale or Q. Boston or LA for me. Maybe Houston.

Strongly agree with you two. Mazara/Profar/Gallo/Tate etc. does not excite me nearly as much as Moncada/Benintendi/Kopech etc. does.

Edited by Jose Abreu

Agreed. I just don't see a match unless they throw in Mazara to headline. But as pure prospect package, Boston is at least enticing because they have two young studs in Moncada and Benintendi to headline it along with more depth with Devers and Kopech.

I'm not a fan of Gallo for Sale or Quintana. Profar only has like 3 years of control due to his DL stints on the major league roster.

Boston and LAs systems are the two I'd make deals with.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 10:26 AM)
Profar has a career OPS of .685 so far. Gordon Beckham is .679.

I don't know if it is injury related or what, but so far Profar has fallen very short of the hype.

I believe he has struggled with a shoulder injury earlier in his career.

I saw him at AAA Round Rock and he was easily the best player out there, but until this season he has definitely fallen short.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)
LINK

Ventura on #WhiteSox being sellers before Monday's deadline: "I don't think that's going to happen." ~ Scot Gregor's twitter

I hope they sell you, Robin.

Edit: Thanks for being a stand up guy for decades, for meeting with me as a kid multiple times in LA, and for trying. That said - the times come and is overdue.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
LINK

Ventura on #WhiteSox being sellers before Monday's deadline: "I don't think that's going to happen." ~ Scot Gregor's twitter

To clarify Ventura comment, he's not expecting any #WhiteSox selling before Monday, also said he's not the one taking calls

https://twitter.com/scotgregor/status/758787623808663552

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 05:47 PM)
If the Sox stand pat again, I'm gonna be livid.

I'll have mixed feelings but I don't want them giving away Sale or Q. I think they can move Robertson for certain. Sure seems like it. I'm hoping they move Melky and Frazier although if they're both here I won't care. I just don't want to see our two stud SPs given away when they're in such demand and they won't.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 05:52 PM)
I'll have mixed feelings but I don't want them giving away Sale or Q. I think they can move Robertson for certain. Sure seems like it. I'm hoping they move Melky and Frazier although if they're both here I won't care. I just don't want to see our two stud SPs given away when they're in such demand and they won't.

They're not just going to give them away. They've made that very,clear by their comments (well through the media/twitter).

I think they'll stand pat. Hahn will talk about how the right deals weren't there, and Kenny will talk about how it pays to be aggressive, but you can't spend a dollar if you only have 50 cents, etc.

Just prepping for the worst, guys!

I tell you though, if they bring Robin back next year, i'm done with the team.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 04:58 PM)
Beginning to think the only deal we make is trading Robertson since they seem to be pushing him according to that article posted in the Robertson thread.

It better not be a salary dump. They should be able to get some good value from a contender for an established closer with a couple of years of control.