Robertson on Nats radar

TheFutureIsNear

Andrew Stevenson is a realistic prospect from the Nats I think we should be looking at. This is what fangraphs had to say about him. Sounds a lot like what we were looking for from Jackson.

"He only needs to be somewhat close to average with the bat to be a full-time center fielder, since his base-running and fielding abilities have enough value to make up for the lack of impact at the plate. If he can maintain decent walk rates, and he ends up being more of a 65 fielder, you’re looking at All-Star type of production."

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/evaluating-...gton-nationals/

Stevenson + Koda Glover + Taylor Hearn for Robertson and his entire contract. Get it done Hahn

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 07:32 PM)
Andrew Stevenson is a realistic prospect from the Nats I think we should be looking at. This is what fangraphs had to say about him. Sounds a lot like what we were looking for from Jackson.

"He only needs to be somewhat close to average with the bat to be a full-time center fielder, since his base-running and fielding abilities have enough value to make up for the lack of impact at the plate. If he can maintain decent walk rates, and he ends up being more of a 65 fielder, you’re looking at All-Star type of production."

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/evaluating-...gton-nationals/

Stevenson + Koda Glover + Taylor Hearn for Robertson and his entire contract. Get it done Hahn

I accept.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 05:09 PM)
Do you think the Braves are ready to contend in 2017?

No but everything their front office has said makes it sound like they want to by 2017. Expiring bad deals, interest in guys under control through next year only, and no money tied to anyone. Could try to sign guys in free agency as well (Cespedes, Desmond, Reddick) aren't unrealistic).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 06:09 PM)
Do you think the Braves are ready to contend in 2017?

I think the Kemp/Oliveria deal was more about 2 teams exchanging guys they don't want. At the end of the day the Braves will be paying Kemp very little and they get away from Oliveria's domestic violence baggage. Wouldn't be surprised if Kemp was dealt in the off season. And now that I say that....acquiring Kemp actually sounds a lot like a stupid KW move.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
Robertson was the lone Sox reliever to not warm up before the game today.

I'd be really shocked if he isn't moved to someone. And when he is, God help this bullpen... After Jones, the Sox will have a bunch of kids/scrubs commingling into tight games.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
I'd be really shocked if he isn't moved to someone. And when he is, God help this bullpen... After Jones, the Sox will have a bunch of kids/scrubs commingling into tight games.

Will help the noble effort in increasing the Sox draft standing.