AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 08:36 PM)
Time to stand pat at the deadline right?

If they're not moving Q or Sale for large hauls or even shipping some hitters like Melky or Frazier, then yes. We don't have a great farm system nor are we in the division lead or WC lead. No quick fixes.

Part of them lingering around .500 is part of the problem. They've reached that level of mediocrity that teases you enough., but it's stupid to think they'll win 36-38 of the final 62, and possibly still need help. They should sell anyone if the right deal is available. 50-50 changes nothing.

Hi there, it's the old guy again with the winning song for the day. I know all you young dudes ( Mott the Hoople) Won't be Fooled Again (The Who) by this new win streak. Then again it's easy to Imagine ( John Lennon) things being seen in a Different Light ( The Bangles) .

Since the Sox have been this crazy team who can't decide if they suck or are good what we have is " Stuck in the Middle With You" by Stealers Wheel

.Made famous by a scene in Reservoir Dogs
I contemplated going with The Real Slim Shady (Eminem) or The Real Me (The Who ) since the Sox have this identity crisis .

:snr Rock on everyone :headbang

Was that as good for you as it was for me ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 08:48 PM)
Part of them lingering around .500 is part of the problem. They've reached that level of mediocrity that teases you enough., but it's stupid to think they'll win 36-38 of the final 62, and possibly still need help. They should sell anyone if the right deal is available. 50-50 changes nothing.

Hahn's comments a few days ago really made me believe they will. I think they've had a gut check, heart-to-heart kind of moment in upper management, that this rebuild while trying to contend nonsense is going nowhere and wasting the core. Mainly Sale, Q, Abreu, Eaton. You simply can't bargain shop with this team. Either completely rebuild or go all in and overspend. They'll rebuild IMO. Sale will likely stay because you can't give him away and f*** the deal up and set your organization back further than it already is.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
Keep losing Boston rotation.

Not hard for them to do. That's why I think unless DD says f*** it and concedes and gives up Betts, which he won't, then they'll land Q because other national media members have said that they can simply outbid everyone.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:32 PM)
So is Chris Sale some kind of evil genius?

It's like the Ozzie effect or something. Never would have guess they'd sweep the Cubs at home. I just hope it doesn't throw a wrench in the rebuilding plans that actually seem to be in play this year.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 07:10 PM)
I tell ya what, it's been a very entertaining season one way or another. The ESPN ball slurping of RV and the Sox was hilarious.

That's because nobody dislikes the Chicago White Sox as much as the members of this forum.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:53 PM)
Hi there, it's the old guy again with the winning song for the day. I know all you young dudes ( Mott the Hoople) Won't be Fooled Again (The Who) by this new win streak. Then again it's so easy (Buddy Holley) to Imagine ( John Lennon) things being seen in a Different Light ( The Bangles) .

Since the Sox have been this crazy team who can't decide if they suck or are good what we have is " Stuck in the Middle With You" by Stealers Wheel

.Made famous by a scene in Reservoir Dogs
I contemplated going with The Real Slim Shady (Eminem) or The Real Me (The Who ) since the Sox have this identity crisis .

:snr Rock on everyone :headbang

Was that as good for you as it was for me ?

It was excellent!

But I had to add an "easy one you missed even in the wording you had.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:16 PM)
It was excellent!

But I had to add an "easy one you missed even in the wording you had.

Ha that was a Linda Ronstadt song to me even if it was Buddy Holly who sang it 1st. I may be old but not so old as I'd remember Buddy Holly. But American Pie ( the Don McLean song) taught me all about "the day the music died." Good catch !

Another great game from this weird baseball team. My guy, Saladino, must play every day. Why is it so difficult for the organization to see that?

Shields has been masterful. Maybe Coop really is a genius.

As much as we blast Abreu, he does almost have 60 RBI. I hate to say it again, but I'd like to try this with a real manager. I mean we have some things to work with. I'm fully convinced, however, that team inconsistency will continue to reign. I am assuming Wednesday is a day game. I hate day games during the week. Sox should play it at night and go for the sweep rather than possibly get smoked during the game. Cubs aren't going to be in good moods after 0-2 and a day game gives them a chance to get the taste out quickly.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
Another great game from this weird baseball team. My guy, Saladino, must play every day. Why is it so difficult for the organization to see that?

Shields has been masterful. Maybe Coop really is a genius.

As much as we blast Abreu, he does almost have 60 RBI. I hate to say it again, but I'd like to try this with a real manager. I mean we have some things to work with. I'm fully convinced, however, that team inconsistency will continue to reign. I am assuming Wednesday is a day game. I hate day games during the week. Sox should play it at night and go for the sweep rather than possibly get smoked during the game. Cubs aren't going to be in good moods after 0-2 and a day game gives them a chance to get the taste out quickly.

It's not a day game. You could've figured that out much quicker than typing about how the Cubs will smoke the Sox if it is a day game. Smh