Crosstown Cup Game Thread, Game 3

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:53 PM)
Tell them congrats on literally beating three pitchers that were in the minors a few weeks ago

This. So hard. The cubs had a hard time hitting a minor league pitcher for 7 innings.

Sale is going to eat these overrated douches for lunch tomorrow.

Edited by pettie4sox

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 02:54 AM)
Our draft picks need to be successful, especially in the top rounds. And no I'm not dismissing Fulmer, but every high pick failure is yet another position we have to worry about filling through trades or FA.

We should not be entering Monday having Sale or Quintana anyways, so Fulmer's success isn't necessary now

Yep, he definitely doesn't look to be a starter

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
I guess the Cubs fans that were outraged they traded for a wife beater are over it once they see triple digits on the gun.

Welcome to the world of professional sports where players can do whatever they want with little consequences and people love you because you're good.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:55 PM)
This. So hard. The cubs had a hard time hitting a minor league pitcher for 7 innings.

Sale is going to each these overrated douches for lunch tomorrow.

The hype in ungodly. Too bad that had such an amazing start and such an easy schedule for the first month an a half or so. If they did not have that going for them, things would be a whole lot tighter in their division. That start was such a huge outlier.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 02:56 AM)
I guess the Cubs fans that were outraged they traded for a wife beater are over it once they see triple digits on the gun.

Didn't you know it was all Henry Blanco's fault yesterday and not chapman for being a total scumbag

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:57 PM)
The hype in ungodly. Too bad that had such an amazing start and such an easy schedule for the first month an a half or so. If they did not have that going for them, things would be a whole lot tighter in their division. That start was such a huge outlier.

Sucks the Cardinals have been without Carpenter, Peralta and Moss for a while. They don't have the kind of depth the Cubs have for those kind of losses.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:01 PM)
With Texas, Houston, & Boston all competing for two spots, we should be able to get a haul from one of them for Sale or Quintana. One of them will definitely get desperate.

I dont think Texas will go for it...like I've been saying they would have to sacrifice lineup players. Plus they actually cant trade Gallo right now.

Maybe Boston...but DD is going to play stupid games until the last second

Oh look...another strikeout on a ball 4 inches outside. Great umpired game. It really bit us in the ass during the Bryant and Heyward at bats. Hopefully we can take the game tomorrow, take 3 of 4 from these posers, and help the Cardinals.

That game turned to s*** quickly. Oh well, we won the first two and you can't really expect more from a team mired in mediocrity. As a boring person once said, "We are what we are."

2-1 lead on the Cubs. Not bad.

p.s. How come people were saying we won the Crosstown Cup after Game Two? Certainly they knew there were two games left? I didn't get that.