Crosstown Cup Game Thread, Game 3

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 03:35 AM)
fulmers velocity is way down from where it was in college. He routinely hit 97 when he was a reliever his soph year. Sitting 91-92 now. Seems to be more of a slinger than anything now

Yep this is very discouraging.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:34 PM)
It's scary to me he's only throwing 90-92 out of the pen

It sure is. His velocity is way down compared to what his velocity was in college. Where the heck did it go? On top of the velocity concern, he just doesn't look ready at all.

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 03:38 AM)
It sure is. His velocity is way down compared to what his velocity was in college. Where the heck did it go? On top of the velocity concern, he just doesn't look ready at all.

I know people had doubts about his delivery and maintaining his velocity on shorter than 6 days rest. Sucks that Boston took Benintendi

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 07:37 PM)
Well he's looking like s*** right now

Yup. Games already over.

If he had gotten the out last inning and it was still 1-1... Then you start the inning with Duke.

I saw Fulmer's debut and he looked good. Was throwing 93 - 94. Seems like he's lost a lot the last two outings. Wonder if Coopers been messing with his velocity trying to get more movement or something.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:39 PM)
I hope we come back, but time to go watch Obama at the convention after Robin gifted this game to the Cubs.

Yep, anytime you score 1 rub on a homer by your pitcher, you really have to blame the game on the manager because you know the bullpen even though they aren't doing the job, would have if they came in one hitter sooner.

Honestly, this was kind of expected after the Bryant HR. Hopefully, we will get them tomorrow and take 3 of 4. Let David Kaplan have his circle jerk with his cronies for at least one game in this series. If we would have won tonight with the ability to sweep all 4 games tomorrow, it would have been panic in the streets and Cub fans would have been jumping out of office buildings.

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 07:40 PM)
I know people had doubts about his delivery and maintaining his velocity on shorter than 6 days rest. Sucks that Boston took Benintendi

Hopefully we'll end up with both of em.