Crosstown Cup Game Thread, Game 3

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)
That game turned to s*** quickly. Oh well, we won the first two and you can't really expect more from a team mired in mediocrity. As a boring person once said, "We are what we are."

2-1 lead on the Cubs. Not bad.

p.s. How come people were saying we won the Crosstown Cup after Game Two? Certainly they knew there were two games left? I didn't get that.

There's an even number of games. Basically, if you have the cup and you win half the games, you "maintain" the cup. It's stupid.

Important loss for us. This team is not going anywhere and we're better off not winning a bunch in a row to convince Rick Hahn otherwise.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:02 PM)
I dont think Texas will go for it...like I've been saying they would have to sacrifice lineup players. Plus they actually cant trade Gallo right now.

Maybe Boston...but DD is going to play stupid games until the last second

We have lineup players we can include. Melky Cabrera would make a lot of sense for them, especially if they were to include Mazara in the deal.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)
Btw all the cubs fans are crawling out of their caves tonight to gloat about besting up on 2 guys who should be in AAA. Thanks Sox potent offense!

That's how ridiculous their fans are, and those are the types of pitchers they beat up on. For example, they LOOOOOOOOOVE that Reds pitching staff and bullpen. It is a great way to pad your stats, hit 3 HR's in a game and have to hear about it over and over again on the radio for weeks/months after it happens, etc. When they face the big guns, you see A LOT of K's and L's in the Loss column. But, you have to hand it to them...WE can't hit a lick, it doesn't matter who is pitching. That is sad, especially with the solid SP we have.

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 08:53 PM)
He is only getting worse. You are the one that can't stand if they win and can't stand if they lose.

No I said I don't want them winning right now because I don't want false hope. I want them to sell. We know what meaningless win streaks do with this front office and ownership. Look at last season. Losing sucks no matter what but I know what this team needs. That's to sell.

I couldn't imagine what 103 from a pitcher must look like. In HS I turned a pitching machine up to 100 to see what that looked like. Missed the first 3 badly, tipped the fourth, and hit the fifth, but it snapped the aluminum bat I was swinging in half. Off a pitcher, it has to look even quicker.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
I couldn't imagine what 103 from a pitcher must look like. In HS I turned a pitching machine up to 100 to see what that looked like. Missed the first 3 badly, tipped the fourth, and hit the fifth, but it snapped the aluminum bat I was swinging in half. Off a pitcher, it has to look even quicker.

Lol that's crazy. Yah I can't imagine what it'd look like.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:08 PM)

I don't even know those machines could get that high lol

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:08 PM)

Not to mention the fact that the pitcher might actually hit you, whereas a pitching machine should throw it exactly where you aim it. Knowing a 100 mph ball might actually come at you has to be frightening

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:05 PM)
There's an even number of games. Basically, if you have the cup and you win half the games, you "maintain" the cup. It's stupid.

Important loss for us. This team is not going anywhere and we're better off not winning a bunch in a row to convince Rick Hahn otherwise.

Great point. If we sweep this series those knuckleheads start going after the Jay Bruce's, etc. of the league with the delusional belief that we can compete for a playoff spot. Still would be nice to win 3 of 4 though. Hopefully, even a win tomorrow won't start the delusional thought process.

Edited by soxfan85

Overall great effort from Ranaudo. Fulmer needs more work in the minors clearly but he got some major league experience in a lost season so that's fine.

I'm not really gona b**** about RV anymore. He is what he is. Nothing's changing.

The offense is just terribad. One run....from your starting pitcher.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:22 PM)
Overall great effort from Ranaudo. Fulmer needs more work in the minors clearly but he got some major league experience in a lost season so that's fine.

I'm not really gona b**** about RV anymore. He is what he is. Nothing's changing.

The offense is just terribad. One run....from your starting pitcher.

It is truly unfreakingbelievable. The bad offense continues year after year after year after year....

Can anybody answer why Jacob Turner is on the roster?

The last few years the Sox have been dumping deadwood and that's very good...unfortunately then they keep replacing those guys with more deadwood.

Seriously to those that closely follow the minor league system...is it still that rancid after Hahn trying to rebuild it the last few years? The BEST they can do are stiffs like Turner, Perke etc.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)

The last few years the Sox have been dumping deadwood and that's very good...unfortunately then they keep replacing those guys with more deadwood.

Seriously to those that closely follow the minor league system...is it still that rancid after Hahn trying to rebuild it the last few years? The BEST they can do are stiffs like Turner, Perke etc.

Mark

Most of the successes got to the majors quick or were traded. There's very little depth in the minors.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 04:49 AM)
Chapman declined interview with Cubs reporters after the game cause he's mad how they treated him yesterday. Be careful, he owns a gun

Wow, that's huge. Fathom what did the Cubs reporters do yesterday? Blast the acquisition cause of his domestic issue? Was it pretty nasty in the press in Chicago?

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:41 PM)

Mark

Yes, it's the best they can do. We need Hahn to hit a HR (perhaps a few) and trade off some players to replenish the minors. It'd be a failure on par with our May collapse to not deal anyone of value.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)

Mark

and just think people want to blow it up despite the same people running the minors

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:41 PM)

Mark

To be DFA'd once Sale returns from suspension.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:10 PM)
Great point. If we sweep this series those knuckleheads start going after the Jay Bruce's, etc. of the league with the delusional belief that we can compete for a playoff spot. Still would be nice to win 3 of 4 though. Hopefully, even a win tomorrow won't start the delusional thought process.

According to Kenny Williams, no one is sure in the organization if they are buyers or sellers, or a combination of.

I guess they are waiting for the outcome of the Cubs series. Sweep = Buyers. 3 of 4 = Buyers. Split = combo of buyer/seller.

Split Cub series & Win Minny series = Buyers

Edited by captain54