Crosstown Cup Game Thread, Game 3

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 12:25 AM)
According to Kenny Williams, no one is sure in the organization if they are buyers or sellers, or a combination of.

I guess they are waiting for the outcome of the Cubs series. Sweep = Buyers. 3 of 4 = Buyers. Split = combo of buyer/seller.

Split Cub series & Win Minny series = Buyers

I'm pretty confident they are standing pat or will make a minor selling move. I think they want to sell more but the buyers are being stubborn with prospects.

Edited by soxforlife05

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 01:25 AM)
According to Kenny Williams, no one is sure in the organization if they are buyers or sellers, or a combination of.

I guess they are waiting for the outcome of the Cubs series. Sweep = Buyers. 3 of 4 = Buyers. Split = combo of buyer/seller.

Split Cub series & Win Minny series = Buyers

I think it is silly to base your organizations future on two series victories. They need to look at the big picture-- something they rarely do. I have zero faith Hahn/KW will make the best decision- directionally for this organization.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 02:55 AM)
I'm pretty confident they are standing pat or will make a minor selling move. I think they want to sell more but the buyers are being stubborn with prospects.

Making no moves is a huge mistake for this organization.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 08:28 AM)

No, making bad moves is a huge mistake for this organization. They should only make moves that "on paper" improve the team. There is a much bigger trade market in the offseason but usually more desperate traders now.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 07:28 AM)

Agreed. However I think they only deal one of Shields/Gonzalez inserting Ranaudo into the rotation and Robertson and/or Duke. So 3 trades max. I think they try to retool in the offseason and try to compete in 2017 if they don't get a huge haul for Sale or Quintana.