Todd Frazier Trade Thread: NYM?

Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 07:12 AM)
Just saw sox fans talking about this on Twitter. Well use this as a Frazier thread for any rumors surrounding him.

What do you think you'd want in return from the Mets?

id be intrigued by a michael conforto return

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 06:31 AM)
Link to these tweets?

I couldn't find a solid source so I didn't want to post any. Just use the search on Twitter and you'll find them.

Ironic because when I rebuilt the sox on MLB the show, I traded Frazier to the Mets.

Found a link

http://nesn.com/2016/07/mlb-rumors-white-s...ets-interested/

Edited by SouthSideSale

Wouldn't it be kind of sweet to somehow tap into their SPs? Like Frazier + $ for Wheeler--who has battled injury, but has 3 more years of team control and already has his Tommy John surgery out of the way!? Then if we flip Q or Sale, we could land a young controllable 3B (Bregman?) and still have a good young SP to plug into the rotation to help fill the loss from loosing Sale or Q. They probably wouldn't do it now that Harvey is out, but Wheeler is still #6 on the depth chart. Seems the Mets are desperate for offense (sound familiar?), but have already recently traded one of their young SPs (Neise) for a quality position vet (Walker).

Edited by FT35

I'd love to dump Frazier for a nice return but NYM is a bad trading partner for us. I'd love to get young pitching for Todd but NYM really has none to deal. Cecchini/Herrera and Nimmo have my interest. Nimmo could replace Melky when we deal him and Cecchini or Herrera can help solidify 2B for the long term with Lawrie either dealt in the offseason or moved to 3B (Not against an infield of Abreu, Herrera, Lawrie, Anderson).

Frazier isn't going to get a gargantuan contract (at least I don't think he is). He has power. His D is pretty bad, but the Sox could do better at rotating players around, especially in the DH spot.

I might hang on to him and move him next year. Depending on how the rebuild goes and how he looks, perhaps even extend him.

If they can get a legitimate prospect for him, then move him. But not so sure that happens.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
Frazier isn't going to get a gargantuan contract (at least I don't think he is). He has power. His D is pretty bad, but the Sox could do better at rotating players around, especially in the DH spot.

I might hang on to him and move him next year. Depending on how the rebuild goes and how he looks, perhaps even extend him.

Can't take that .210 AVG in the 4 hole, aside from what I believe is solid D and elite power, best Sox 3B since Crede

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)
Can't take that .210 AVG in the 4 hole, aside from what I believe is solid D and elite power, best Sox 3B since Crede

The Sox haven't had a 3B who was remotely competent since Crede (until Frazier). His D hasn't impressed me and certainly nowhere near Crede.

I think they'll keep him if for no other reason there are a several available hitters that are better than Frazier.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)

Was going to say the same thing. IF they decided to compete next year and held onto Frazier, you'd have to go:

Eaton RF/CF

Anderson SS

Cabrera LF (if not traded)

Abreu 1B

Outfield bat for RF or CF (Reddick?)

Frazier 3B

Morneau DH (try to re-sign to a 1 year deal?)

Lawrie 2B (if they keep him)

Catcher spot

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 10:22 AM)
Was going to say the same thing. IF they decided to compete next year and held onto Frazier, you'd have to go:

Eaton RF/CF

Anderson SS

Cabrera LF (if not traded)

Abreu 1B

Outfield bat for RF or CF (Reddick?)

Frazier 3B

Morneau DH (try to re-sign to a 1 year deal?)

Lawrie 2B (if they keep him)

Catcher spot

Can't compete with virtually the same lineup, this retooling begins with a new staff (Ozzie, AJ, Willie Harris, Cooper?) and hopefully some young imported talent from this deadline

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 09:46 AM)
Can't compete with virtually the same lineup, this retooling begins with a new staff (Ozzie, AJ, Willie Harris, Cooper?) and hopefully some young imported talent from this deadline

Well we also would get 2 more months of Anderson and whoever we sign would hopefully be better than Jackson/Shuck who he'd be replacing in the lineup (not necessarily in center field).

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 08:39 AM)
Without Frazier this team would be completely devoid of power. You think the offense is bad now ? Yikes !

Agreed. I think it's more likely that the Sox sign Frazier to a contract extension than trade him. Especially with Jose not slugging like he was a couple of years ago.