Crosstown Cup Finale Game Thread, Game 4

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 07:14 PM)
Thank god Timmy ran through that sign. I can't believe McEwing held him up.

Same. I'm like oh he's scoring easy, then I heard hawk say they're holding him at third. I said wtf?! Lol I knew he'd score with his speed when it got to the wall.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 05:20 PM)
9 pitches to Dexter Fowler, no changeups. How can nobody from the Sox organisation not be pinning him down saying "throw your best pitch you idiot"?

His change up is his best pitch?

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 06:27 PM)
I preferred the version of sale that threw the high fastball by people at 97. Not the one who induces the ground out on a 91 mph high fastball

Yup. This whole "strikeouts are actually bad because they don't let you go deep into games" thing he's got going on this year is absolute horses***, and Rick Hahn or somebody needs to explain this in detail to him and Don Cooper. Unfortunately he got really lucky pitching to contact early in the year and that's probably cemented the idea in their heads.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)
Yup. This whole "strikeouts are actually bad because they don't let you go deep into games" thing he's got going on this year is absolute horses***, and Rick Hahn or somebody needs to explain this in detail to him and Don Cooper. Unfortunately he got really lucky pitching to contact early in the year and that's probably cemented the idea in their heads.

His numbers from the first half of last year to the first half of this year were strikingly similar.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)

Couldn't agree more, high strikeout Sale is clearly the best Sale.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)

Yep and then what happens is guys foul the 91 mph fastball off and eventually draw a walk or drive up your pitch count. Ie fowler, russell