7/29 - White Sox at Twins

flavum

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 03:57 AM)
Get some freakin' hitters!!!

We coulda played 22 innings and you got the feeling no more runs were gonna be scored by Chicago. One was gonna be it.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 03:57 AM)
Geeze. Lose on HBP and 3 walks.

Another embarrassment in a season full of them. That's like Little League, only worse. Plus it's against the Twins. How the hell did the Sox sweep the Cubs in the Cell? Easy. Once in a while we play like world beaters. I know the players reek, but the sheer inconsistency of this team and the many ways we've lost games in embarrassing fashion falls on the manager/coaches as well as the players.

Edited by greg775

One more thing. The fact Anderson's average and advanced stats are falling fast IMO is also on the coaches. Two walks or 3 walks in 180 plate appearances? Can't somebody give this guy some valuable pointers? Big Hurt even? Find Big Hurt and counsel him? Our hitting coach and our coaches in the minors couldn't work on his approach just a little?

I love Anderson but he's gonna make it very hard on himself to put up any numbers at all with this approach of swinging at almost everything they throw up there. Coaches? Can you uh, help him a bit?

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 10:00 PM)
Kahnle is pure garbage.. time to trade him for some scissors for Sale..

Just saw an article on PurpleRow.com talking about Yency Almonte, the pitcher who we traded for Kahnle. Back to back shutouts for Rockies Class A team.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 06:19 AM)
Just saw an article on PurpleRow.com talking about Yency Almonte, the pitcher who we traded for Kahnle. Back to back shutouts for Rockies Class A team.

I was not a fan of the trade as soon as it was made from the trade thread below. I liked Almonte a lot.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...97492&st=30

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 07:34 AM)
I was not a fan of the trade as soon as it was made from the trade thread below. I liked Almonte a lot.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...97492&st=30

It's funny, as I mentioned in that thread, I watched Almonte pitch when I was in Myrtle Beach in September for the Class-A Championship game, and the two players I was most excited to see, and got most video of, were Yency Almonte and Gleyber Torres. And both got traded out of their orgs within a year.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24