Sanchez

harkness99

I remember when we started the season pre-Rollins we asked what would be a good Saladino year and it was a .640 OPS with a great glove. He's had a .700 OPS, timely hitting, and probably lesser glove at short than we expected but still good.

He's been one of the few players to overperform.

I am optimistic for a player like Tilson because Saladino got the same types of reviews when he came up. No one said he was super talented, just words like "gamer" "plays game right" were brought up. Boy were they right.

I was dead wrong on Sanchez. I really thought he'd be a solid player on this team. I kept on falling back to the idea that he was always young at every stop and readjusted each year after a slow start at a new level.

I didn't think it would be crazy for him to hit .280 with a great glove at 2b and run the bases fine...

Fast forward to now? I mean I Kknow he's been in a tough spot, but even when he goes back down to AAA he hasn't really produced as well.

I agree, I think his time a Sox is done. Or at least being considered as a starter for sure. Saladino has proven he can take the utility role and hold it for the next few years.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:13 AM)
why does Sanchez keep getting chances but not Leury Garcia? I know Garcia has been horrible in his MLB opportunities, but he's killing it in AAA unlike Sanchez.

L. Garcia isn't the answer either... career four A player. More deadwood in my opinion that the Sox don't need.

Mark