Sox in pursuit of Puig

Jose Abreu

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 24s25 seconds ago

The #Dodgers have maintained they will trade Puig only if they get another outfielder. Reddick is that outfielder.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 14s14 seconds ago

Addition of Reddick for the Dodgers gives FO a better position from which to trade Yasiel Puig. White Sox want him in any LAD deal.

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 23m23 minutes ago

Chris Cotillo Retweeted Jared Carrabis

Just industry rumblings, I've heard nothing concrete. Just interesting in response to Olney saying CWS wants Puig.Chris Cotillo added,

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 27m27 minutes ago

Some rumblings in recent days about a deal that could send Yasiel Puig to the White Sox for James Shields. @Buster_ESPN says CWS want Puig.

Figured we needed a thread just for Puig since we don't know who it's for

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)
Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 27m27 minutes ago

Some rumblings in recent days about a deal that could send Yasiel Puig to the White Sox for James Shields. @Buster_ESPN says CWS want Puig.

I approve of this trade. Actually floated it last night before this talk came up.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)
If the Sox pick up Puig wouldnt that kind of label them as buyers at the deadline?

They'd just be caught in between as usual. Not that I would complain about a Shields for Puig trade but it'd definitely be an oddball given the situation.

Here the thing about Puig......one, he's been bad this year. Two, he was hurt last year. And three, he's signed through 2018, and IMO, we won't be contenders until 2018. So we really only get 1 year to win with Puig? Not saying I would rather keep Shields, just saying this doesn't really help our future as much unless our plan is to flip him once he regains some value.

Puig only has three years of control left. Their interest is pretty telling to me that they plan on competing next year and pretty much signals zero chance at a complete rebuild. It would make zero sense to trade Sale and Quintana and then turn around and trade for Puig.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:13 PM)
Puig only has three years of control left. Their interest is pretty telling to me that they plan on competing next year and pretty much signals zero chance at a complete rebuild. It would make zero sense to trade Sale and Quintana and then turn around and trade for Puig.

Or they trade for him while his value is low, he has a bounce back and they trade him for a huge profit.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:24 PM)
Bruce Levine

‏@MLBBruceLevine

Shields for Puig false rumor . Please discount . A public service alert from your humble baseball servant .

He's always wrong though right?

He is wrong when he throws out his "maybe's" and "possibly's" but he probably knows for sure this rumor is BS if he is flat out saying its false. IMO