Puig is getting moved

Chisoxfn

Dodgers notified him he would be either demoted or traded and he left clubhouse. Their hand has been forced and the Sox aren't in the worst spot from a waiver claim perspective (albeit, they aren't in the best spot either). Dodgers clearly want to get rid of him.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig “stormed off” and did not travel with the team to Colorado on Monday after being told that he would be either traded or demoted, FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal writes. The Dodgers did not trade him before today’s 3:00pm deadline. It’s unclear what the team’s next move might be

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 06:44 PM)
That really isn't a lot of money if you can get him anywhere close to his early time here. Would a change of scenery help? I don't know.

I was hoping they'd make the move at the deadline and buy low on him. Then again I don't know what this brass is thinking. Maybe the Olney report was a leak drumming interest

At this point he's worth a shot. It's going to be really hard for them to get an impact bat any other way than offseason trades, and even those will likely be prospects that have a chance to fail. Taking Puig and having him put up even last years numbers are an upgrade over Avi/Shuck/Coats. Of course there's a lot of risk here, but the Sox put themselves in a position where they need to take chances like this or they're going to be stuck in mediocrity for a while.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 07:20 PM)
This clubhouse is a disaster anyways. At least he has upside. Avi doesn't.

He can't get along with teammates, his OPS has fallen in each of the past few seasons (now down to .700), and he's owed about $19M. No thanks.

Edited by Black_Jack29

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
Wonder if a Robertson/Puig swap would make sense for both teams? Makes taking the risk with Puig's contract easier, and the Dodgers could use Robertson. No idea if either would clear waivers though.

Yeah I don't think so. Yankees and Red Sox would definitely place a claim in for Robertson I would think.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
Wonder if a Robertson/Puig swap would make sense for both teams? Makes taking the risk with Puig's contract easier, and the Dodgers could use Robertson. No idea if either would clear waivers though.

I think Puig would have a decent chance, Robertson I doubt