Why watch / listen / care?

Lip Man 1

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:35 PM)
Sox need to outbid everyone for him this offseason. No excuses not to spend money if they try to claim they are going for it in 2017.

Spending a boat load of money on Josh Reddick is not wise.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Tilson actually is going to start and play a lot, he's a reason to watch. Also Anderson. I disagree about Rodon. He's stunk to high heaven this year and I doubt will salvage the season.

The Sox would be more likeable if they didn't lose games in the worst ways. Walking in winning run; blowing seven run leads, hardly ever scoring for Q, hardly ever scoring period.

No chance in hell this team finishes over .500. No chance Robin keeps his job. I beg them to hire a good manager.

Nobody mentioned watching Carson Fulmer struggle out of the bullpen...why isn't he starting again?

Guess the James Shields August waiver claim thread can start. Melky and Frazier will be claimed/potentially blocked as well.

Meanwhile, the NY Yankees, according to Keith Law, have a Top 3 farm system.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
1. Rodon's development

2. Anderson's development

3. Tilson- see if he can play ball

4. Sale starts

This all I'm really paying attention to the rest of the way. May not go to another game.

I can add more. See how long Shields and Gonzales maintain there string of good starts. Might be a pretty good rotation next year if they can pitch better than typical 4 and 5's.

See how the September call ups do.

Q's starts.

See if Abreu ever pulls a fastball right down the middle for a HR.

See if Frazier can get his doubles and batting average higher than they are now.

See how bad the current bullpen implodes. It is seriously bad now.

Watch if Fulmer can throw strikes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 08:09 PM)
Yep. If it bothers you that bad, don't do it.

Southside:

It doesn't bother me a tinker's cuss either way. I simply wanted to get some feedback. This is a message board correct or am I hallucinating?

Thanks for playing though.

Jesus.

Mark

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 03:49 AM)
I can add more. See how long Shields and Gonzales maintain there string of good starts. Might be a pretty good rotation next year if they can pitch better than typical 4 and 5's.

See how the September call ups do.

Q's starts.

See if Abreu ever pulls a fastball right down the middle for a HR.

See if Frazier can get his doubles and batting average higher than they are now.

See how bad the current bullpen implodes. It is seriously bad now.

Watch if Fulmer can throw strikes.

I disagree on 'Q's starts.' It's painful to watch him pitch and get no support. It's so sad.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:51 PM)
Southside:

It doesn't bother me a tinker's cuss either way. I simply wanted to get some feedback. This is a message board correct or am I hallucinating?

Jesus.

Mark

If it didn't bother you, you wouldn't have posted this thread, nor responded like this. It is a message board, which means that other people can, and will respond to your posts.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:46 PM)
Yeah, let's just half ass it again. Don't rebuild, just surround Sale, Q and Eaton with JB Shucks, Avi Garcias and Kahnles. We can always see where we're at in July and decide whether to add or sell at the deadline. :D

You mean do nothing right?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
If it didn't bother you, you wouldn't have posted this thread, nor responded like this. It is a message board, which means that other people can, and will respond to your posts.

Southside:

I simply was curious how others felt. That's all pure and simple.

As others have posted in the past there's no need to offer snarky reply's to honest questions. That's simply common courtesy. We're not in grade school anymore playing a game of who can cut somebody up better right?

There was no ulterior motive on my part. Period.

Is that so hard to understand? And if anyone assumes there was I'll get pissed off. I know what my intentions were... nobody else.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

if you enjoy baseball and the White Sox you watch.

You always watch.

It's what you do.

But for individual reasons?

Is Tilson a legit prospect?

Can Anderson learn to manage the strike zone?

Will Rodon turn it around?

Is Fulmer going to figure it out or need more seasoning?

Will Abreu become Abreu again?

Is Lawrie a useful piece?

Plenty of reasons to stay tuned.

If the season ended today they'd have the 12th pick next draft. Watch / Listen / Care in hopes they lose every game from here on out - hoping that they draft well in 2017. Hoping that such a disappointing year would force Jerry to clean house.

Root for the young guys, hope that they develop. Hope that the new guard goes into the offseason and makes good trades to right the ship.

That's as sound of an argument as I can come up with logically.

Emotionally, I will ALWAYS be a white sox fan who watches, listens, and cares because it is in my DNA. For better or for worse.

Edit: poop.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 03:20 AM)
I will be watching. Call me a glutton, but I love baseball too much. No matter how they do, I can't stop.

Sure you got to love baseball. The alternative? You like the Chicago winters? The KC winters? The wind and the freezing cold? The ice storms? This is way better than fricking winter. (I do realize last winter was mild but still ...).