Prospects of the Month, July 2016

NorthSideSox72

It's not been a great year on the farm, but July was a nice improvement with a lot of good performances in the lower levels. A pitcher and an outfielder currently in Great Falls win the awards for the month.

Here's the article.

Any of the names (winners or runners up) that anyone is particularly interested in? The Sox are so depressing, might as well focus on the future!

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
I really don't understand the handling of Jackson Glines. I know he was a senior pick but he certainly seemed a little prospecty.

Bit of a mystery to me as well, especially since Hostetler went out of his way to praise him after the draft.

Is there ever any pushback within the organization about the aggressive promotion of guys.

I think the DJ has hinted around the topic that he was not a fan on the radio, protecting himself by saying the Twins had been too aggressive with Buxton. But the Sox have gone crazy with this concept.

Anderson is probably up too soon. Needs more work learning the strike zone.

Rodon could have polished his command and change up in AAA.

Danish moved through the system too quickly.

Michalczewski over his head in AA.

Same for Hawkins (previous two seasons) and Adams.

They were patient with trayce Thompson, but what is the explanation for this philosophy?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 08:37 AM)
It's not been a great year on the farm, but July was a nice improvement with a lot of good performances in the lower levels. A pitcher and an outfielder currently in Great Falls win the awards for the month.

Here's the article.

Any of the names (winners or runners up) that anyone is particularly interested in? The Sox are so depressing, might as well focus on the future!

Although not necessarily mentioned in the article, do you have any inkling as to when Jameson Fisher may be promoted? I'd like to see, selfishly of course, Fisher and Call man the OF in tandem throughout the system. I feel that it could be beneficial for the both of them if they get used to playing along side one another, but that may just be me.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 12:01 AM)
Is there ever any pushback within the organization about the aggressive promotion of guys.

I think the DJ has hinted around the topic that he was not a fan on the radio, protecting himself by saying the Twins had been too aggressive with Buxton. But the Sox have gone crazy with this concept.

Anderson is probably up too soon. Needs more work learning the strike zone.

Rodon could have polished his command and change up in AAA.

Danish moved through the system too quickly.

Michalczewski over his head in AA.

Same for Hawkins (previous two seasons) and Adams.

They were patient with trayce Thompson, but what is the explanation for this philosophy?

Buddy Bell is bad at his job.

But on the note of Rodon, he didn't need all that much more time at AAA, so I can't fault that.

The rest...well...

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 08:55 AM)
Although not necessarily mentioned in the article, do you have any inkling as to when Jameson Fisher may be promoted? I'd like to see, selfishly of course, Fisher and Call man the OF in tandem throughout the system. I feel that it could be beneficial for the both of them if they get used to playing along side one another, but that may just be me.

I think the only thing preventing Fisher from heading to Kanny is the crowd in that outfield. They already have Alex Call, Micker Adolfo, Antonio Rodriguez and Tyler Sullivan, all of whom are prospects at one level or another. One of them would need to go to W-S I think, before Fisher (or Schnurbusch) can move up.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
I think the only thing preventing Fisher from heading to Kanny is the crowd in that outfield. They already have Alex Call, Micker Adolfo, Antonio Rodriguez and Tyler Sullivan, all of whom are prospects at one level or another. One of them would need to go to W-S I think, before Fisher (or Schnurbusch) can move up.

Great, thanks for the input! I appreciate it.