Sox @ Tigers GAMETHREAD

ChiSox59

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)
I wonder if Morneau would want to stay with the Sox. It would be a shame for the Sox to pay to rehabilitate him in a lost season only to see him sign elsewhere and resume tormenting the Sox in another uniform.

Why would anyone want to stay with this horses*** organization?

It's a f***ing joke.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 01:08 AM)
I wonder if Morneau would want to stay with the Sox. It would be a shame for the Sox to pay to rehabilitate him in a lost season only to see him sign elsewhere and resume tormenting the Sox in another uniform.

He will be a waiver trade over next few weeks

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)

I bet he goes back to Minnesota to finish his career.

It's not Charlie Tilson's fault we traded for him. For a team mired in mediocrity, the definition of a trade to keep them there is trade a lefty reliever when we have no one to replace him in exchange for a guy whose ceiling is 4th outfielder according to scouts. And then we're left still needing a lefty reliever next year too. He makes us worse this year and potentially next.

That said, he was all I had to be excited about the rest of the season. And yes I feel bad he's hurt and hope it's not bad. BUT when they say the question for him is his hit tool, and then he takes a joke of a read on a fly ball igniting a SIX run inning. Then follows it up with again taking an awkward closure on a ball and jumping awkwardly, well let's just say a smooth fielder he is not. Yes it's one half of one game but a pretty awful fielding debut.

And where does that leave us? Having to watch Avi Garcia continue to play.

UN-WATCHABLE.

QUOTE (ronkark @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 08:12 PM)
It's not Charlie Tilson's fault we traded for him. For a team mired in mediocrity, the definition of a trade to keep them there is trade a lefty reliever when we have no one to replace him in exchange for a guy whose ceiling is 4th outfielder according to scouts. And then we're left still needing a lefty reliever next year too. He makes us worse this year and potentially next.

That said, he was all I had to be excited about the rest of the season. And yes I feel bad he's hurt and hope it's not bad. BUT when they say the question for him is his hit tool, and then he takes a joke of a read on a fly ball igniting a SIX run inning. Then follows it up with again taking an awkward closure on a ball and jumping awkwardly, well let's just say a smooth fielder he is not. Yes it's one half of one game but a pretty awful fielding debut.

UN-WATCHABLE.

Why do you watch a team you deem is u nwatchable?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (ronkark @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 07:12 PM)

UN-WATCHABLE.

This is troubling. When they first made the trade I read scouting reports that he was just an average defender and a ground ball hitter. Later I read that Sox scouts said he was a line drive hitter and a "terrific fielder."

This brings flashbacks of Hahn declaring Rob Mackowiak "can really play some centerfield" or him thinking Avi Garcia could be a star centerfielder.

I want to believe Tilson is going to be a solid ballplayer but from what we just saw I hope it's not another White Sox scouting failure/talent mis-evaluation.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 12:58 AM)
Any chance this convinces anyone who was talking about how well Shields was pitching and blasting anybody mentioning his peripherals to reconsider?
I think Shields is probably finished, just not a big fan of peripherals or saber in general. What kind of peripherals did Mark Buehrle carry most of the time? I hate the one size fits all of Saber and the made up formulas. Yeah I know, I'm an idiot. In the meantime more carnage on the field for the Sox.