Sox @ Tigers GAMETHREAD

ChiSox59

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 02:25 AM)
For the most part this is an embarrassment if a game thread

Rockin, it's just tough to be a fan of this team. Losing to Central Division teams (usually via blowouts or weird in-game meltdowns) has grown old the past few seasons. The Sox haven't even tried to see what would happen with a different manager. Somehow you can shrug off losses without getting frustrated. A lot of us feel beaten down because of dysfunctional baseball and a manager who needs to try it with another team. It's not working in Chicago.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 05:15 AM)
The baseball gods look down on the White Sox and laugh.

Or as John Lennon once sang, "Instant Karma's gonna get you...gonna knock you right in the head..."

The season can't end soon enough.

Mark

I still can't believe we were 23-10. Solid fundamental baseball. Winning close games. It looked like the back end of the bullpen was gonna be solid with several guys having roles. Then predictably one meltdown game and the whole season was over. Team couldn't overcome that choke and that was that. You are right, the baseball gods are laughing at this sorry team.

I thought 23-10 was a large enough sample size. Man was I wrong. Our team went from crisp, exciting, great at winning close games to total horses***.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 11:25 PM)
I still can't believe we were 23-10. Solid fundamental baseball. Winning close games. It looked like the back end of the bullpen was gonna be solid with several guys having roles. Then predictably one meltdown game and the whole season was over. Team couldn't overcome that choke and that was that. You are right, the baseball gods are laughing at this sorry team.

I thought 23-10 was a large enough sample size. Man was I wrong. Our team went from crisp, exciting, great at winning close games to total horses***.

I'm the biggest apologist for all things FO on down to Robin. But your post just made me feel differently. I think the players need a sterner, more commanding voice next year, someone to steer the ship in rough waters. I feel like Robin just rides out the storm instead of getting all hands on deck while he's up in the dangerous crows nest. Enough ship talk, sorry dudes.

Wow just wow. Real hard to find something about this team to get excited about th enext two months. Fulmer not ready for bigs and should be in minors. New kid is done. Anderson is fun but two walks? Oye. Pen's an even bigger mess without Duke. And what rookies are coming up in September to cheer for? Uh... Coats again? Kevan Smith? Ranaudo? I don't see it. They did themselves such a disservice with fan base by not making any moves.

QUOTE (ronkark @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 06:40 AM)
Wow just wow. Real hard to find something about this team to get excited about th enext two months. Fulmer not ready for bigs and should be in minors. New kid is done. Anderson is fun but two walks? Oye. Pen's an even bigger mess without Duke. And what rookies are coming up in September to cheer for? Uh... Coats again? Kevan Smith? Ranaudo? I don't see it. They did themselves such a disservice with fan base by not making any moves.

How can Steverson not take Anderson under his wing? There's no way a paid hitting coach can condone this style of hitting. There has to be a way to get Anderson to be more selective. A walk truly is as good as a hit and he simply does not have the ability or maturity to draw a walk.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 12:51 AM)
How can Steverson not take Anderson under his wing? There's no way a paid hitting coach can condone this style of hitting. There has to be a way to get Anderson to be more selective. A walk truly is as good as a hit and he simply does not have the ability or maturity to draw a walk.

He worked a count to 3-2 today but just didn't manage to get a walk. It seems like he sometimes works the count but more often than not he's free swinging.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 12:51 AM)

His defense has been a huge surprise. Definitely see him as an above average SS and wasn't expecting that. Now we just need to work on being more selective and patient. Hard thing to do at the major league level. One thing Anderson has shown when being promoted it takes a month or two where he starts to show progress in this area. Sox fans need to be patient with Timmy.

Edited by PolishPrince34