Sign in to follow this  
shysocks

Tilson Recovering Well From Surgery

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 58s59 seconds ago

Torn left hamstring for Charlie Tilson. Surgery tomorrow. Out for season.

Good times guys.

The biggest issue over and above the health of the kid is the realization the Sox will have no idea heading into the off season if he can produce or not. That impacts if they feel they need to get a center fielder.

When it rains, it pours.

Mark

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
I knew it was bad when I saw it happen. Tough break for the kid. I hope he doesn't lose some of his speed as it seems to be his best tool.

I saw the 15 day ankle s*** this morning and was shocked. This makes way more sense.

Ptatc- paging Dr. ptatc

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
The biggest issue over and above the health of the kid is the realization the Sox will have no idea heading into the off season if he can produce or not. That impacts if they feel they need to get a center fielder.

When it rains, it pours.

Mark

They need a center fielder. Trust me.

I mean... this season...

Start 23-10. Collapse on the field, and 4 - count them 4 - position players make their White Sox MLB debuts and get hurt THAT DAY. Two won't return this year.

The curse of Drake LaRoche.

Wow, feel sorry for the guy. I really hope this doesn't destroy his career like what happened to Jared Mitchell (I know they had different injuries, but this doesn't sound good). If the Sox don't realize now they need to blow this team up IDK what will. The lack of even average-replacement level depth is embarrassing.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 11:01 PM)
Wow, feel sorry for the guy. I really hope this doesn't destroy his career like what happened to Jared Mitchell (I know they had different injuries, but this doesn't sound good). If the Sox don't realize now they need to blow this team up IDK what will. The lack of even average-replacement level depth is embarrassing.

Iy is just a crying shame for this kid and for Matt Davidson and K Smith. You never know if player can come back from those types of injuries, but to say we need to blow up the team because of injuries is a bit much

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 05:57 PM)
I mean... this season...

Start 23-10. Collapse on the field, and 4 - count them 4 - position players make their White Sox MLB debuts and get hurt THAT DAY. Two won't return this year.

The curse of Drake LaRoche.

For. Real.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 05:37 PM)
Is there any sort of return-policy or take-backs on the Duke trade that we can call upon?

Don't think so.

Something I heard last night that I didn't know...Brian Downing made his debut May 31, 1973. Came in on defense at 3B in the 7th inning for Melton. One pitch. Hurt his leg. Came back a couple months later. First major league hit was a homer off Mickey Lolich. Then had a 20 year career.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 04:54 PM)
Something I heard last night that I didn't know...Brian Downing made his debut May 31, 1973. Came in on defense at 3B in the 7th inning for Melton. One pitch. Hurt his leg. Came back a couple months later. First major league hit was a homer off Mickey Lolich. Then had a 20 year career.

I remember both of those things. Brian Downing was a favorite of mine and I think he was a very underrated player.

Is there any sort of return-policy or take-backs on the Duke trade that we can call upon?

Probably not, but the Marlins did trade Rea back to the Pads after he got hurt first game w his new club.

What a shame.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 06:15 PM)
Probably not, but the Marlins did trade Rea back to the Pads after he got hurt first game w his new club.

What a shame.

The difference is that there is no way to claim Tilson's injury was preexisting.

I'd rather have an injured Tilson not help us win meaningless games than have Zach Duke help us eke out 75 wins and a pick in the teens.