TV and Netflix Thread

hi8is

Looking for good shows to watch on TV. Also interested in seekers on Showtime / HBO... As well as Netflix series / movies.

Lately I saw a Jim Carey movie based on a true story that was well done on Netflix. Dark comedy vein. Called, "I love you Philip Morris."

Best thing on TV right now? Ray Donavan. That shows getting more and more bad ass this year.

Your turn.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Valley on Netflix. Good crime series in the same tone of something like Bosch (Amazon series) or Justified. Bojack is also back for season 3.

These choices are definitely more likely to inspire existential despair tbh.

Edited by Nixon

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 09:23 PM)
Looking for good shows to watch on TV. Also interested in seekers on Showtime / HBO... As well as Netflix series / movies.

Lately I saw a Jim Carey movie based on a true story that was well done on Netflix. Dark comedy vein. Called, "I love you Philip Morris."

Best thing on TV right now? Ray Donavan. That shows getting more and more bad ass this year.

Your turn.

Bloodline is excellent

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 07:25 PM)
Have you seen the movie chef? As a father it brings me to tears but it's also real good.

Watched it some time ago - thought it was fun. Didn't get my water works going, thou.

:D

p****.

:P

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 09:07 AM)
Ok, now let's go back to not agreeing on anything tv/movie related as this is ruining my mojo. ;)

No, because we have to talk about it after you finish. then we can go back to disagreeing

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 09:40 AM)
The Great British Baking Show has a couple of runs on Netflix.

Ha, I get sucked into that once in a while on the weekends when WTTW replays them. Totally reminds me of Junkyard Wars (British reality competition show? But with some funny/unique humor? I guess?) and i'm oddly entertained.

Shows I have watched on Netflix and would recommend:

Bloodline (just started season 2 but season 1 was really good)

Making a Murderer

Stranger Things (is really as awesome as everyone says)

The Walking Dead

Orange is the New Black (great to watch with a gf/wife. More of a girly show but entertaining enough that you both will enjoy)

Planet Earth

Life

They added Shameless recently too which is a good show I have been following for awhile. Breaking Bad is on there too as well as Better Call Saul.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
Ive started crying at weird father/son movies like the rookie too

Yea - I totally get that. Around birth to 18 months old the water works flew off randomly for a lot of stuff. Then toddler tantrums and divorce court sucked me dry of that stuff. :)

Yay.