Sox Giveaways

he gone.

Hey! let's talk something positive about this team --- is it just me or are the giveaways really great this year?

Feels like they've stepped up their game from the t-shirt/bobblehead days and are really giving away some cool, practical items.

The pullover this weekend? Then the nice looking water bottle Sunday. They are doing a coffee mug a few weeks from now. The White Sox - Socks. White Sox Zubaz. Saw a SICK Blackhawks/Sox scarf that makes me even consider going to the Phillies game on a Tuesday night.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/p...ns.jsp?c_id=cws

I'll honestly say that I am almost ready to go to some games just for the giveaways - which is the point of the promotion.

Maybe bad that they are turning into a minor league team where giveaways and shticks are what are driving my interest, but hey, so be it.

Maybe to make this more into a thread -- what has been your favorite thus far this year? Or which are you looking forward to the most?

Myself personally? That scarf looks awesome. I want the Sox socks. The Hawaiian shirt was great.

Also, maybe I never paid attention in the past, but they've done a great job of having multiple sizes available so you aren't just walking away with an XXL. I'm getting mediums of everything.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 10:31 AM)
Hey! let's talk something positive about this team --- is it just me or are the giveaways really great this year?

Feels like they've stepped up their game from the t-shirt/bobblehead days and are really giving away some cool, practical items.

The pullover this weekend? Then the nice looking water bottle Sunday. They are doing a coffee mug a few weeks from now. The White Sox - Socks. White Sox Zubaz. Saw a SICK Blackhawks/Sox scarf that makes me even consider going to the Phillies game on a Tuesday night.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/p...ns.jsp?c_id=cws

I'll honestly say that I am almost ready to go to some games just for the giveaways - which is the point of the promotion.

Maybe bad that they are turning into a minor league team where giveaways and shticks are what are driving my interest, but hey, so be it.

Maybe to make this more into a thread -- what has been your favorite thus far this year? Or which are you looking forward to the most?

Myself personally? That scarf looks awesome. I want the Sox socks. The Hawaiian shirt was great.

Also, maybe I never paid attention in the past, but they've done a great job of having multiple sizes available so you aren't just walking away with an XXL. I'm getting mediums of everything.

I usually try to go on most bobblehead days and nights but there haven't been as many this year

1) I wish they would have had a statue day. Statues of Comiskey, Baines, Fox and Aparicio have yet to be given out. I even wrote JR about it. I was hoping they would give one of them out on Fan Appreciation Day.

2) The giveaways they have had this year have been good. The shirts and jerseys have been nice.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
I think it's one of those where you have to buy tickets on line and they give you a code you print up. They keep it to a few hundred people.

Correct. First 1,000 fans get the scarf and then to watch early BP.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticket...?loc=blackhawks

Small picture there. Looked better on the Sox Twitter page.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Aug 7, 2016 -> 08:12 AM)
The batting practice jersey that was given out last night was AWESOME. This was the 3rd shirt/jersey they gave out this year and it was definitely the nicest of the three.

I really wanted one but was unable to go. My friend says he would sell me his but it was an XL size. Did they give out different sizes?

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Aug 6, 2016 -> 06:35 AM)
I want that Star Wars bobblehead coming up. Any think they could hook me up? I will pay for it obviously just not outrageous like the Adam Eaton one is on ebay. I'd go to the game but I live in MD unfortunately

I can do that

• 2 weeks later...

1) I noticed when I was watching todays game against Oakland, Stone and Benettie were giving a number of items away if you won that contest they have every game. One of the items was a Bill Veeck bobblehead. Does anybody know if the White Sox are going to have a Bill Veeck bobblehead for sale? I noticed that the bobblehead box of Veeck had White Sox logos on it. I wasn't a fan of Veeck but I would want the bobblehead to add to my collection.

2) I followed up with my season ticket rep today (Monday, 8-22-16) and he said the team didn't have anymore Bill Veeck bobbleheads. The one they gave out was evidently a one of a kind bobblehead.

Edited by WBWSF

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
I usually try to go on most bobblehead days and nights but there haven't been as many this year

One thing I noticed about the bobbleheads this year is that, unlike in previous seasons, most of them were not announced prior to the start of the season, which is frustrating because I usually plan my schedule around the bobblehead giveaway games. With the exception of the Sale K Counter bobblehead, I'm pretty sure the superhero Lawrie, Jedi Southpaw and Scottie Pippen bobbleheads were only recently announced. The promo schedule on the Sox website hasn't even been updated to show the Pippen bobblehead which is a giveaway on 9/14.

But I agree, the giveaways have been pretty great. I have a friend whose brother interned with the Sox this season and as a perk received two of every giveaway, so he hooked me up with the pullover BP jersey and the '76 replica jersey. A little annoying that the '76 jersey came in just M and XL, though. I'm an awkward size between a medium and a large so the medium is a little snug.

Edited by coco1997

QUOTE (coco1997 @ Aug 23, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
One thing I noticed about the bobbleheads this year is that, unlike in previous seasons, most of them were not announced prior to the start of the season, which is frustrating because I usually plan my schedule around the bobblehead giveaway games. With the exception of the Sale K Counter bobblehead, I'm pretty sure the superhero Lawrie, Jedi Southpaw and Scottie Pippen bobbleheads were only recently announced. The promo schedule on the Sox website hasn't even been updated to show the Pippen bobblehead which is a giveaway on 9/14.

But I agree, the giveaways have been pretty great. I have a friend whose brother interned with the Sox this season and as a perk received two of every giveaway, so he hooked me up with the pullover BP jersey and the '76 replica jersey. A little annoying that the '76 jersey came in just M and XL, though. I'm an awkward size between a medium and a large so the medium is a little snug.

I gave the 76 jersey to my 14 year old nephew who is 6'4" and built like Chris Sale if Sale didn't eat in a week. Really skinny. The XL barely fit him.

The problem is that most of the "cooler" premium items are limited run special ticket purchase offers. the Pippen bobblehead is limited to 1000 and you need to buy at www.whitesox.com/chicagobulls

I bought the 8/27 game at the box office because the item was 10k at the gates, only to get an offer guranteeing my bobble if i buy on www.whitesox.com/starwars

pick a lane, sox