Avi to 15 day DL

Hatchetman

I'd sure like to see the club actually give Coats a real look this time. Had just 29 plate appearances in over 40 roster days last time. Can't really expect a rookie to succeed like that. He should get some time vs LHP at DH, and some corner OF time when days open up. Can also be a D replacement late in games, PR and PH. Just to know if there's anything there. He doesn't have anything left to prove in AAA.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 9, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)
I'd sure like to see the club actually give Coats a real look this time. Had just 29 plate appearances in over 40 roster days last time. Can't really expect a rookie to succeed like that. He should get some time vs LHP at DH, and some corner OF time when days open up. Can also be a D replacement late in games, PR and PH. Just to know if there's anything there. He doesn't have anything left to prove in AAA.

With everyone they are missing, they don't really have a choice right now.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 9, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
Still might go with Shuck in center lol

Ugh, he's strictly an emergency backup there, or should be.

Eaton can play CF. Shuck and Coats can platoon in RF, Coats also in at DH here and there. Even give Melky an occasional day off in LF.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 9, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
Still might go with Shuck in center lol

I am sure Shuck will play most of all, but seeing as they tried to get rid of Shuck at least twice already this year, I can't see them not playing Coats at least a fair amount.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Aug 9, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
Well it provides plenty of excuses for the front office come the offseason.

Very good point and something that I'm concerned they are going to do. Injuries made their impact this year to be sure but realistically the team was headed into the toilet before they became an epidemic in my opinion.

Mark