Carlos Gomez DFA'd

bmags

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)
And if he continues to suck, Hahn and KW are still idiots who love veterans who can't play anymore.

I'm just wondering how good Houston is if they draft Kris Bryant instead of Appel, and keep JD Martinez around. They probably don't trade for Gomez.

Realistically the dude is owed something just under 2.5 million dollars for the rest of the season. They can look at it as an option on next year.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 12:13 PM)
With all the money KW/Hahn have already wasted I kind of doubt they want to add another $2.5MM on top of it.

If they are thinking about signing him for next year, there is good reason not to bring him in. If they aren't interested, then yes, ignore him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)
And if he continues to suck, Hahn and KW are still idiots who love veterans who can't play anymore.

I'm just wondering how good Houston is if they draft Kris Bryant instead of Appel, and keep JD Martinez around. They probably don't trade for Gomez.

And Rodon over Aiken.

The Astros will be fine, just like the Pirates.

We can talk about Aiken or Bryant, but they have Bregman, Gurriel and Tucker, too.

I watched Tucker in the Quad Cities last month...he's at least two years away, but Bregman and Gurriel will be there from the beginning of 2017.

They just need a better starting rotation. And for AJ Reed to figure out things...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)
This is totally on a dry erase board somewhere in US cellular field thou

This makes me laugh...because you know it's certainly true! One team's trash is usually our treasure--and it's sold to our fan base as if the players were in their prime producing seasons.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 06:50 PM)
This makes me laugh...because you know it's certainly true! One team's trash is usually our treasure--and it's sold to our fan base as if the players were in their prime producing seasons.

Rollins certainly was awful. Hawk kept talking about how he was a Hall of Famer. He reeked.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
Rollins certainly was awful. Hawk kept talking about how he was a Hall of Famer. He reeked.

He's still probably a Hall of Famer.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
2 + apple = Harambe

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 03:19 PM)
2 + DC Comics catalog = pi/relativity

So if the Sox trade Harambe's apple pies for Albert Einstein, we get two Mike Trouts?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 05:21 AM)
He's still probably a Hall of Famer.

So if the Sox trade Harambe's apple pies for Albert Einstein, we get two Mike Trouts?

And a lifetime pass to the zoo of your choice...along with 100 Bo Bobbleheads (est. $50 value for each).

To top it off, a CD of Benetti's 150 corniest jokes this season, the answers to all the of the 2016 Sox Math questions and a lunch at Giordano's with Alex Snelius.

Edited by caulfield12