Jose Cruz Jr.

KipWellsFan

Great pickup. He would be better than Rowand (because of the injury, I have no doubt about this guys skill) or Borchard (not ready). Also, its not like were givin the world for him. Id say a one year deal for 750,000 dollars would get him. Maybe more but Im not the money man so Ill let Kenny figure that out. Uh-oh...

Originally posted by theoldroman

Great pickup. He would be better than Rowand (because of the injury, I have no doubt about this guys skill) or Borchard (not ready). Also, its not like were givin the world for him. Id say a one year deal for 750,000 dollars would get him. Maybe more but Im not the money man so Ill let Kenny figure that out. Uh-oh...

Huh? 750,000? Tony Graffanino makes more than that!

Originally posted by Jjav829
Originally posted by theoldroman

Huh? 750,000? Tony Graffanino makes more than that!

i would take a chance on his in cf and still try to groom him as a better hitter. but 18 hrs is pretty damn good.

Give him 2 years, $6-million....for $3 million a year, he would hit atleast .250 20 70 20....along with pretty good defense. Not only that, but if he produces well like he did once upon a time, he could bring us a few draft picks, if that kind of thing occurs in the future, assuming we were to offer him arbitration when the time comes.

s***, that's a bargain when you compare him to Konerko, who is going to make around the area of $6-$7 million this year....he'll hit slightly worse but play defense in a spot we need and steal a few bases.

That would be a great move by KW....then again, I could make a great signing. Anyone could. Even a baby.

I would love to see him play CF for the Sox. He plays good defense much like Jacque Jones of the Twins. It would be nice to have someone who has great range in our CF. KW should be looking at this guy because on 2001, he hit 30 HRs and had 30 stolen bases(he only have 7 this year). I hope KW "TRIES" to sign Cruz.

really have never been a fan of Cruz.

I can see getting him and platoon him with Rowand. I just think Rowand should be given a chance to start, at least for the opening two months of the season. if we are gonna get a CF to replace, we have to make sure it is a good one, because getting a guy like Cruz to start over Rowand is a really underestimating Rowand's ability.

He is 28 years old and will turn 29 in the middle of April. He made 3.7 million last year.

2002: .245 avg, 18 hr, 70 rbi, 51 bb, 106 k's, 7 sb. He only played in 124 games.

2001: .274 avg, 34 hr, 88 rbi, 45 bb, 138 k's, 32 sb's, 5 cs.

2000: .242 avg, 31 hr, 76 rbi, 71 bb, 129 k's, 15 sb, 5 cs.

Basically this guy strikes out a lot, and will only hit .250 but he seems to walk a good number of times and is a phenomenal defensive outfielder. The guy has an arm and amazing range. He is also very good on the base paths and has plenty of power. This guy would be an amazing pickup. He reminds me of Mike Cameron with more power and better patience. Both strike out a ton, but Cruz does draw walks.

Putting him in our lineup, would really give this team a complete threat, as well as more left handed power (He's a switch hitter)

Toronto gave up on him because he strikes out like a mo-fo. They also have Shannon Stewart and Vernon Wells to play center field. I hate f***in' Blose Cruz and so do most Jays fans, because he was touted to be great and really isn't. Anyone should however concede that he Blows Aaron Rowand out of the water in about everything except the Ks. The dingers should drive the salary up because thats all people pay attention to. We would do better to have a top of the order SS, which is what Toronto had hoped by in the absence of that possibility try to get him, the team won't get worse that's for sure.:huh

A bit on Jose at the start of the year!

Guest hotsoxchick1

but what would make kw look alot better is if he concentrated on getting a pitcher and a catcher first... we are pretty much ok at the other positions ... we NEED a pitcher an catcher though.............jmho