8/11 games

daggins

Scoreless inning with a K for Burdi in his AAA debut.

Call, Hansen, Burdi, Collins, Fisher, Schnurbusch -- finally a draft class to get excited about.

Not saying any of them will be stars or even how many will make it to Chicago.

But it's a different vibe from the drafting of guys who appear to be more polished hitters who were not taken because of their athleticism.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 07:53 PM)
How is his defense? If he can play a solid CF then he's easily a top six prospect in our system IMO.

He was a good CF at Ball State, was said to be able to stick at CF, and he has so far. So until he moves to a corner OF, I would assume he's still a good defensive player.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 03:18 AM)
Schnurbusch is nothing to get excited about. Bank on that.

Probably true, but wondering what makes you say that. I've been digging and getting the impression there might be something there, though I wouldn't confidently say he's a significant prospect yet.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 12:38 PM)
I shouldn't have been so outright dismissive but I really don't think anything will come of him. He has a 24% K% and a .524 BABIP. I wouldn't know how to go about looking up the highest BABIPs in minor league history, but assuredly so, he would still be at very top if not the highest BABIP in MiLB history. What I will give him credit for his ability to get XBH and ISO power so far. That's very impressive especially for a relative unknown even in the Pioneer League.

Oh his .500+ BABIP and nearly .400 average are not sustainable. He'll come back down at some point (though there's less than a month left in their season). But its impressive enough that at the very least he's caught my eye. And hearing (mostly) good things about his defense, combined that's enough that he's one of those just-off-the-radar guys I like to keep track of and try to get more info on.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 07:48 PM)
Oh his .500+ BABIP and nearly .400 average are not sustainable. He'll come back down at some point (though there's less than a month left in their season). But its impressive enough that at the very least he's caught my eye. And hearing (mostly) good things about his defense, combined that's enough that he's one of those just-off-the-radar guys I like to keep track of and try to get more info on.

Would you know any way of tracking down the highest BABIP in MiLB history?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
I shouldn't have been so outright dismissive but I really don't think anything will come of him. He has a 24% K% and a .524 BABIP. I wouldn't know how to go about looking up the highest BABIPs in minor league history, but assuredly so, he would still be at very top if not the highest BABIP in MiLB history. What I will give him credit for his ability to get XBH and ISO power so far. That's very impressive especially for a relative unknown even in the Pioneer League.

Can you offer anymore insight into why your expectations for him are so low? It's hard not to be impressed.