Dave Kaplan reports Kenny Williams holding back Rick Hahn

Donaldo

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 16, 2016 -> 02:05 PM)
And all of us sox fans need to thank jerry for keeping kenny around when he should of been let go to Toronto. Jerry and kenny have really messed up this organization for the last 16 years. According to to baseball america the sox had the #1 farm system in baseball in 2001. Since then kenny has dragged it down the the middle of the pack then to one of the bottom in his time frame of being gm. Kinda funny reading baseball America saying year after year of kenny trading away prospects for veteran players and jerry not spening more in drafts and international market. Luckily we got a world series out of it and one other playoff appearance in that time frame

I can't believe that this franchise has only been to the playoffs TWICE in the past 16 years in a 5 team division. I repeat that fact to myself every so often and stare off into space in utter disbelief that it's true.

How pathetic. The only saving grace is that one of our playoff appearances got us the whole banana.

Edited by Doc Edwards Shot

QUOTE (Doc Edwards Shot @ Aug 17, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
I can't believe that this franchise has only been to the playoffs TWICE in the past 16 years in a 5 team division. I repeat that fact to myself every so often and stare off into space in utter disbelief that it's true.

How pathetic. The only saving grace is that one of our playoff appearances got us the whole banana.

They've only earned the right to go to the playoffs ONCE after playing regulation 162 games in those 16 years, the 16 years, coincidentally, when some configuration of Reinsdorf, Williams, and Hahn has been the team's brain trust.

Thank god for Reinsdorf's comforting confirmation that they are all 100% on the same page. Would hate to see anything interfere with the winning formula they've exhibited for over a decade and a half now.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 17, 2016 -> 05:47 PM)
Thank god for Reinsdorf's comforting confirmation that they are all 100% on the same page. Would hate to see anything interfere with the winning formula they've exhibited for over a decade and a half now.

:lol:

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 17, 2016 -> 07:47 PM)
They've only earned the right to go to the playoffs ONCE after playing regulation 162 games in those 16 years, the 16 years, coincidentally, when some configuration of Reinsdorf, Williams, and Hahn has been the team's brain trust.

I hope that this isn't the same page that they claim to be on.

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Aug 17, 2016 -> 10:27 PM)
I didn't put him on only because he had 159 at bats but did bat 308. If he was below 250 he would have made it

He literally could barely run to first base because of his knees..…that's why I thought he might qualify

Edited by captain54

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 17, 2016 -> 11:26 PM)
Julio Franco?

Steve Carlton?

Franco had an absolutely terrific 1994 hitting with Robin and Frank. The guy drove in 98 RBI's, hit .319 and had 20 home runs when the season was cancelled. I'll take that every time.

Regarding Carlton, I'd take these numbers too, in ten games, Carlton would have four wins, a 3.69 ERA and 40 strikeouts in 63 innings before being released at season’s end. He made his debut with the Sox on August 17 by the way so that was nice timing.

I noticed Andruw Jones' name on the picture. (His name was misspelled by the way LOL) Again the guy put up 19 home runs and 48 RBI's playing in 107 games. For a back up outfielder...I'd LOVE to have anybody on the Sox today coming off the bench who could do that.

Canseco bailed the Sox out in the power department after Frank went down for the season with the torn triceps in his shoulder / arm. Jose hit 16 homers and drove in 49 RBI's in 76 games.

And Youkilis? Only 15 homers and 46 RBI's in 80 games and he helped close a major chasm at third base.

Some of the names on that list deserve to be there...others don't in my opinion.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 18, 2016 -> 01:19 AM)
Franco had an absolutely terrific 1994 hitting with Robin and Frank. The guy drove in 98 RBI's, hit .319 and had 20 home runs when the season was cancelled. I'll take that every time.

Regarding Carlton, I'd take these numbers too, in ten games, Carlton would have four wins, a 3.69 ERA and 40 strikeouts in 63 innings before being released at season's end. He made his debut with the Sox on August 17 by the way so that was nice timing.

I noticed Andruw Jones' name on the picture. (His name was misspelled by the way LOL) Again the guy put up 19 home runs and 48 RBI's playing in 107 games. For a back up outfielder...I'd LOVE to have anybody on the Sox today coming off the bench who could do that.

Canseco bailed the Sox out in the power department after Frank went down for the season with the torn triceps in his shoulder / arm. Jose hit 16 homers and drove in 49 RBI's in 76 games.

And Youkilis? Only 15 homers and 46 RBI's in 80 games and he helped close a major chasm at third base.

Some of the names on that list deserve to be there...others don't in my opinion.

Mark

Agreed on all parts. Just some examples of some others (even with some short good stints) were still gotten past prime and didn't last long in the system, and were kind of used as patches to fill holes instead of being acquired earlier in their careers when they were at their peak. I saw the Jones typo (LOL) after it was already posted) Oh yeah ...Forgot Swisher as well.

Way too many questionable Draft picks, bad trades, and bad deals have cost the White Sox a lot of money and set back the franchise in terms of becoming more competitive. Assuming that heads will roll, who might Reinsdorf interview to replace Kenny Williams and Hahn?

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Aug 20, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
Way too many questionable Draft picks, bad trades, and bad deals have cost the White Sox a lot of money and set back the franchise in terms of becoming more competitive. Assuming that heads will roll, who might Reinsdorf interview to replace Kenny Williams and Hahn?

According to the boss himself, KW and Hahn are in lockstep and that the 'plan' will be clear this offseason. In other words-- they will both return and there will be more retooling and half measures heading into 2017.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 02:45 PM)
https://suntimesmedia.files.wordpress.com/2...w=670&h=521

Maybe he just doesn't want to watch, but I'm thinking Shields shouldn't be looking away as he is releasing the ball. Perhaps maybe it is part of his command problems.

Could be right. But may also be doing that in anticipating of getting his head knocked off by the way he has been getting jacked by the opposition him lately.