2016 Fantasy Football Thread

SnB

QUOTE (Tony @ Sep 5, 2016 -> 06:08 PM)
Keeper, Auction League. Took a very different strategy in the sense I always waited for value players, and ended up missing out on everyone I wanted, and had to spend money on crap players.

Tyrod Taylor-$9

Julio Jones- $67

Mike Evans- $12 (Keeper)

Ezikiel Elliot- $67

Mark Ingram- $13 (Keeper)

Jason Whitten- $3

(FLEX)Spencer Ware- $6

Will Fuller-$2

Tyler Eifert- $7

Jamieus Winston- $6

A few other nobody $1 players

Gano- $1

NE Defense- $2

How is the money value assigned for the keepers?

Edited by Rowand44

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Sep 5, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)
So like 2 years ago, we held a draft, when we started the auction league (we were doing a standard keeper for like 9 years before that).

If you drafted Aaron Rodgers for $40 bucks and wanted to keep him, he would cost you an additional $5, so next year he would be $45 to keep. The year after? $50...

So I grabbed Ingram and Evans in our league when they were both rookies for like $1 and $2, and I've kept them every year. It makes those players SO valuable. I think OBJ has a value of like $12 bucks right now in our league.

What the values also do is allow big name players to go back into the draft. Julio Jones was in our draft this year, because last year someone spent like $55 on him, and the owner wants more flexibility. If he really wanted Julio again, he could bid on him again.

I believe we also have a 4 year rule on keepers now. After year 4, those players have to go back into the pool.

That's really cool. I like that.

I have a full time PPR ESPN league. Then my main FF league decided to just do Draft Kings this year.

ESPN Lineup:

QB - Cam Newton

RB - Ezekiel Elliot

RB - Matt Forte

WR - AJ Green

WR - Emanuel Sanders

TE - Travis Kelce

FLEX - Latavius Murray

DEF - Seahawks

K - Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:

Allen Hurns

Jameis Winston

Jordan Matthews

Antonio Gates

Jay Ajayi

Alfred Morris

Steve Smith Sr

Draft Kings Week 1:

QB Jameis Winston

RB LeSean McCoy

RB D. Williams

WR Antonio Brown

WR Julio Jones Q

WR Tajae Sharpe

TE C. Gillmore

FLEX Dennis Pitta Q

DST Titans

Here is my team. I am laughable at RB, but I think everything else is solid. Currently have a trade offer out of Allen Hurns for RB David Johnson. Don't expect him to accept, but plan on countering with Eric Decker or Keenan Allen if/when he rejects it.

10 DeAndre Hopkins, Hou WR

11 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE

30 Keenan Allen, SD WR

31 Doug Baldwin, Sea WR

50 Latavius Murray, Oak RB

51 Eric Decker, NYJ WR

70 Melvin Gordon, SD RB

71 Tom Brady, NE QB

90 Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

91 Allen Hurns, Jax WR

110 Isaiah Crowell, Cle RB

111 Seahawks D/ST D/ST

130 Matthew Stafford, Det QB

131 Bilal Powell, NYJ RB

150 Dorial Green-Beckham, Phi WR

151 Cairo Santos, KC K

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 5, 2016 -> 11:26 PM)
Here is my team. I am laughable at RB, but I think everything else is solid. Currently have a trade offer out of Allen Hurns for RB David Johnson. Don't expect him to accept, but plan on countering with Eric Decker or Keenan Allen if/when he rejects it.

Do the people in your league not get mad when you propose ridiculous stuff?

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 5, 2016 -> 11:39 PM)
Nah, nobody in our league proposes their best offer first. They start off hoping the other guy is clueless, then they counter back and forth until they find a middle.

So your counter offer back is going to be your 3rd or 6th round pick for a top 10 overall guy? I don't even get the logic here.

11 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE

30 Keenan Allen, SD WR

31 Doug Baldwin, Sea WR

51 Eric Decker, NYJ WR

70 Melvin Gordon, SD RB

71 Tom Brady, NE QB

91 Allen Hurns, Jax WR

111 Seahawks D/ST D/ST

131 Bilal Powell, NYJ RB

151 Cairo Santos, KC K

I'm sorry, but are you f***ing serious with those offers? David Johnson is a top two RB. Why would anyone trade you him for the garbage you're proposing? And in a ten team league...wow just wow. I'd be personally offended if someone offered me any of those players for Johnson. Where the hell was he taken in your league and why didn't you draft him yourself if you have the balls to offer this guy a 10th round receiver for him?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Sep 5, 2016 -> 11:45 PM)
I'm sorry, but are you f***ing serious with those offers? David Johnson is a top two RB. Why would anyone trade you him for the garbage you're proposing? And in a ten team league...wow just wow. I'd be personally offended if someone offered me any of those players for Johnson. Where the hell was he taken in your league and why didn't you draft him yourself if you have the balls to offer this guy a 10th round receiver for him?

Ignoring all of your melodramatic bulls***, I'll answer your actual civilized question here. He was taken 16th overall. 6th RB off the board. And he took Doug Martin and Jeremy Hill in the 3rd and 5th. He contacted me and said he wants to trade one of his extra RB for a WR.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 5, 2016 -> 11:52 PM)
Ignoring all of your melodramatic bulls***, I'll answer your actual civilized question here. He was taken 16th overall. 6th RB off the board. And he took Doug Martin and Jeremy Hill in the 3rd and 5th. He contacted me and said he wants to trade one of his extra RB for a WR.

Do you have a bunch of weird rules? How does David Johnson go 16th and why did you pass on him twice?

People are going to need to better understand the rules/scoring of your league in order to critique your roster.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 12:01 AM)
Do you have a bunch of weird rules? How does David Johnson go 16th and why did you pass on him twice?

People are going to need to better understand the rules/scoring of your league in order to critique your roster.

I passed on him twice because I was advised to go WR heavy and Gronk always ends up killing me in fantasy every year (I seem to play the team that has him in the 1st RD of playoffs every year and he goes off), so taking Gronk right at about where he was projected was to get that bugaboo on my side for once. Taking Gronk was foregone conclusion, so it was between Hopkins or Johnson and the "take WRs early" advice made me choose Hopkins. At that point I decided to punt on RB for a few rounds, but it when I was ready to take a RB, it ended up being where like the next 25 or so best available were WR/TE/QB and I didn't want to reach on a RB, so I actually took a bench WR before I took my 2nd RB, and immediately floated the idea of a WR/RB swap to the chat. The owner of Johnson's team said he would take me up on that. If he won't take Keenan Allen for Johnson, instead of offering Hopkins for Johnson, I'll probably sidestep to Allen for Doug Martin or maybe go after Hill eventually. I need one of those 3 from him for pretty much anyone but Hopkins.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No matter what way you try to bulls*** your way out of this one, Hurns is the 34th WR off the board on any given day. I don't care if Johnson fell to the 3rd round or if you're playing with preschoolers, that's one of the most horrific offers I've ever heard. Unless your league counts receiving touchdowns from WRs wearing #88 x3, then it's a f***ing travesty of an offer, and you're just out for a ripoff.

Eric Decker (WR23) and Keenan Allen (WR16) are also horrific here. Tell me, since David Johnson dropped to 16th overall, how is offering the 91st overall selection something you feel warrants wasting this poor sap's time with? We're minutes after the draft and you're willing to offer me 91 for 16? GTFO. Oh, you'll up it to 51 for 16? GTFO. OH MAN YOU'RE ALL THE WAY UP TO 30 for 16?

GTFO!

You want Johnson? I'd still reject Keenan Allen AND Latavius Murray.

Anyway, as far as your team goes, it sucks. I've highlighted below the only good picks of the bunch. Good luck!

11 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE

30 Keenan Allen, SD WR

31 Doug Baldwin, Sea WR

51 Eric Decker, NYJ WR

70 Melvin Gordon, SD RB

71 Tom Brady, NE QB

91 Allen Hurns, Jax WR

111 Seahawks D/ST D/ST

131 Bilal Powell, NYJ RB

151 Cairo Santos, KC K

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 06:51 AM)
Now I'm patiently waiting to see what Steve thinks of my Johnson and Sanu for Alshon and Duke Johnson trade that I am still 2nd guessing.

I'd rather have Arizona's #1 RB and a potential top 5 guy plus Atlanta's #2 WR than the oft-injured Alshon and a guy not starting. Not sure which side of that you're on, but this one's not really close.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 12:56 AM)
I wish I had a group of guys committed enough for that format. That would be awesome.

I have ended up with CJ Anderson in all four leagues. I like him in Kubiak's offense with that defense. He was hurt at the beginning of last year and once he got a break he came back and was awesome. They dropped his side kick too. Everything seems like his stock is trending up but he fell in all of my leagues.

Basically that's what I have in Anderson and I'd like to hear your opinions on him. He's only my RB1 in the 2QB league where I jumped Newton/Brady/ODB/Robinson/Allen early.

What rounds did you land him in? I have my draft tonight and am targeting him for the 3rd round. Not sure if he'd make it to the 4th round in our league, where quality RBs go early despite it being 0.5 PPR.

My 16 team league team..l

QB Russell Wilson

WR Dez Bryant

WR Malcolm Floyd

RB Devonta Freeman

RB Matt Jones

TE Dwayne Allen

FLEX Crabtree

K Vinitieri

DEF Seattle

Bench: Ajayi, Devontae Booker, Christine Michael, Tajae Sharpe

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 07:07 AM)
I'd rather have Arizona's #1 RB and a potential top 5 guy plus Atlanta's #2 WR than the oft-injured Alshon and a guy not starting. Not sure which side of that you're on, but this one's not really close.

Maybe I was drinking Kool aid along with my beer when I made the trade but I really think Alshon stays healthy this year and has a monster year. I also love me some Duke Johnson in the PPR format.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 3, 2016 -> 07:34 AM)
10 team league. 2 QBs. Point per completion. PPR.

QB Ben Roethlisberger

QB Derek Carr

RB David Johnson

RB Ezekiel Elliot

WR T.Y Hilton

WR Michael Floyd

TE Dwayne Allen

FLEX Matt Forte

DEF Broncos

K Cairo Santos

Bench

WR Josh Gordon

WR Kevin White

RB Melvin Gordon

QB Dak Prescott

TE Jordan Cameron

DEF Rams

Thoughts?

I didn't get any feedback on my team. What are your guys thoughts? I know I'm kind of weak at WR and TE.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 07:17 AM)
I didn't get any feedback on my team. What are your guys thoughts? I know I'm kind of weak at WR and TE.

I'm curious on people's thoughts on Allen at TE, too. He's available for me to pick up in .5 ppr league. I rolled the dice on Cook as I have a good feeling about him in GB. Zach Miller and our favorite Martellus Bennett are also available. What do you guys think?

Edited by kevo880