Bench:

QB-Andy Dalton

WR-Michael Sanu

WR-Michael Thomas

WR-Markus Wheaton

RB-Theo Riddick

RB-Jerick McKinnon

TE-Jordan Cameron

I really feel like my Flex spot is my weakest right now but I'm not sure who will emerge as my top FLEX candidate from what I have, hopefully I fine a QB hungry team that I can dangle Dalton out too if he continues playing the way he did last year.

EDIT: Oh and any feedback would be welcome!

Edited by TheTruth05

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 08:17 AM)
I didn't get any feedback on my team. What are your guys thoughts? I know I'm kind of weak at WR and TE.

I think you got a real solid squad, your RB's are nice and even out with your weaker WR group but overall a strong lineup. Allen at TE should be a steady contributor at minimum.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 02:28 PM)
No, he countered with that. I countered with Keenan Allen for Doug Martin. The 30th pick for the 26th pick. I think that's about as fair as we might get. He hasn't replied yet.

That's a reasonable trade. I just traded Watkins + DeMarco Murray for Baldwin + Martin.

Watkins was my third receiver and my RBs are terrible (Murray, Woodhead, Foster). I slept through the draft for this one...so the autopick made a lot of questionable decisions for me.

Edited by chw42

I stayed away. Not because I can't see a world where they succeed (Can very well), but putting eggs in Mike Mularkey putting together a good offense. If you win you can win big there, but honestly I'd rather bet on San Fran offense than his even though it has way less talent.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
What's everyone's take on the Titans' backfield? I have avoided it like the plague but I think as a whole, they should be very productive. Murray isn't done yet and you have to love the way Henry runs.

I like Mariota, Sharpe and Walker in Tennessee though. That's a sneaky offense IMO. Walker is second to only Gronk at TE as far as I am concerned. Big fan of Jordan Reed but it should be tough to repeat his TD numbers from last year. Walker just seems like a better value vs. Reed when considering ADP.

I think having Mariota helps the backs on the team. Just like how RG3 helped Morris become a productive back. The threat of the option leaves a lot of space for big backs to run through on the line. Henry's biggest critique out of the draft was that his acceleration is slow for NFL standards. But once he gets to top speed, he's hard to stop. I think having Mariota and the threat of the option should give him some space to run. Murray will be top dog though. I didn't like the fact that Murray would have to share some of his carries so I traded him for Doug Martin (yeah I know Charles Sims exists, but they're different types of backs).

You also have to take into account that the Titans might be playing from behind a lot, so they may not run as much as you'd like.

Edited by chw42

Overvaluing youth, not necessarily QB. Valuing them so high means you are probably under to properly valuing QB. Lots of fine ones available. But Roethlisberger from a fantasy perspective is certainly better than all three of them. They are on Kirk Cousins tier.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
No, he countered with that. I countered with Keenan Allen for Doug Martin. The 30th pick for the 26th pick. I think that's about as fair as we might get. He hasn't replied yet.

If it's PPR I would not do that if I were you. Keenan is the better player. Your RBs are not that bad that you need to be giving away players at a discounted rate to get one.

Also, stop using draft position to determine what makes a trade fair.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)
If it's PPR I would not do that if I were you. Keenan is the better player. Your RBs are not that bad that you need to be giving away players at a discounted rate to get one.

Also, stop using draft position to determine what makes a trade fair.

It is NOT PPR. Scoring is the same for both positions, except RBs get an extra point for 200+ yard games.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 01:42 PM)
I think you got a real solid squad, your RB's are nice and even out with your weaker WR group but overall a strong lineup. Allen at TE should be a steady contributor at minimum.

Truth, wjat do you think about my squad currently?

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 04:36 PM)
It is NOT PPR. Scoring is the same for both positions, except RBs get an extra point for 200+ yard games.

Ugh, why the hell did you go WR heavy in a NON PPR league? Based off your posts in here, im going to assume you're either new to fantasy or just not very good.

10 DeAndre Hopkins, Hou WR

11 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE

30 Keenan Allen, SD WR

31 Doug Baldwin, Sea WR

50 Latavius Murray, Oak RB

51 Eric Decker, NYJ WR

70 Melvin Gordon, SD RB

71 Tom Brady, NE QB

90 Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

91 Allen Hurns, Jax WR

110 Isaiah Crowell, Cle RB

111 Seahawks D/ST D/ST

130 Matthew Stafford, Det QB

131 Bilal Powell, NYJ RB

150 Dorial Green-Beckham, Phi WR

151 Cairo Santos, KC K

Please trade Keenan Allen for David Johnson as fast as you can if he will do it. Keenan Allens only value is in PPR leagues. Hes going to catch 100+ balls but hes prolly a 1200 yard 8 TD guy which makes him not much better than Hurns/Decker in a standard league setting.

Alright im going to lay out my teams here and try to keep tabs on it as the season goes along. I won 4 of my 8 leagues last year, looking to have another nice payday repeat this year. Not listing my benches, only week 1 starting lineups

12 Team PPR

QB: Russel Wilson

RB: Giovani Bernard

RB: Duke Johnson

WR: Antonio Brown

WR: Keenan Allen

WR: Brandin Cooks

TE: Jason Witten

Flex: Golden Tate

12 Team PPR

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Mark Ingram

RB: Latavius Murray/Spencer Ware (Havent decided yet)

WR: Odell Beckham

WR: Jordy Nelson

TE: Jason Witten

Flex: Jeremy Maclin

12 Team PPR

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB: LeVeon Bell

RB: Devonta Freeman

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: Marvin Jones

TE: Delanie Walker

Flex: Demarco Murray

Flex: Danny Woodhead

12 Team PPR

QB: Eli Manning

RB: Devonta Freeman

RB: Demarco Murray

WR: Antonio Brown

TE: Julius Thomas

Flex: Jeremy Maclin

12 Team Standard

RB: LeVeon Bell

RB: Ezekiel Elliot

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: TY Hilton

TE: Zach Ertz

Flex: Demarco Murray

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 07:35 AM)
My 16 team league team..l

QB Russell Wilson

WR Dez Bryant

WR Malcolm Floyd

RB Devonta Freeman

RB Matt Jones

TE Dwayne Allen

FLEX Crabtree

K Vinitieri

DEF Seattle

Bench: Ajayi, Devontae Booker, Christine Michael, Tajae Sharpe

Michael Floyd?

Malcolm Floyd is retired.......

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
What's everyone's take on the Titans' backfield? I have avoided it like the plague but I think as a whole, they should be very productive. Murray isn't done yet and you have to love the way Henry runs.

I like Mariota, Sharpe and Walker in Tennessee though. That's a sneaky offense IMO. Walker is second to only Gronk at TE as far as I am concerned. Big fan of Jordan Reed but it should be tough to repeat his TD numbers from last year. Walker just seems like a better value vs. Reed when considering ADP.

Im getting Demarco Murray everywhere I can.. Hes clearly the #1 guy in an offense that wants to run run run. Henry doesnt scare me away, he can still get his share of carries and keep Murray in high end RB2 status

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
I'm curious on people's thoughts on Allen at TE, too. He's available for me to pick up in .5 ppr league. I rolled the dice on Cook as I have a good feeling about him in GB. Zach Miller and our favorite Martellus Bennett are also available. What do you guys think?

Allens probably not gonna be a good PPR play, but he should be in line for a decent amount of goalline looks and could be a 10 TD TE which is pretty valuable in any format

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 01:35 PM)
12 Team PPR League

QB-Ben Roth

RB-Lamar Miller

RB-Matt Forte

WR-Dez Bryant

WR-Keenan Allen

TE-Delanie Walker

FLEX-Danny Woodhead

DEF-Broncos

K-Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:

QB-Andy Dalton

WR-Michael Sanu

WR-Michael Thomas

WR-Markus Wheaton

RB-Theo Riddick

RB-Jerick McKinnon

TE-Jordan Cameron

I really feel like my Flex spot is my weakest right now but I'm not sure who will emerge as my top FLEX candidate from what I have, hopefully I fine a QB hungry team that I can dangle Dalton out too if he continues playing the way he did last year.

EDIT: Oh and any feedback would be welcome!

Outside of Big Ben and Romoless Dez I like it

Danny Woodhead is a rock solid RB2, and hes your flex. I wouldnt say you are weak at flex.

Ben Roethlisberger is overrated. His 2014 was very nice, however hes really just a 4200 yard 25 TD guy treated like some high end fantasy QB. You can get those numbers from Ryan Tannehill and hes barely even being drafted

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 06:03 PM)
Ugh, why the hell did you go WR heavy in a NON PPR league? Based off your posts in here, im going to assume you're either new to fantasy or just not very good.

10 DeAndre Hopkins, Hou WR

11 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE

30 Keenan Allen, SD WR

31 Doug Baldwin, Sea WR

50 Latavius Murray, Oak RB

51 Eric Decker, NYJ WR

70 Melvin Gordon, SD RB

71 Tom Brady, NE QB

90 Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

91 Allen Hurns, Jax WR

110 Isaiah Crowell, Cle RB

111 Seahawks D/ST D/ST

130 Matthew Stafford, Det QB

131 Bilal Powell, NYJ RB

150 Dorial Green-Beckham, Phi WR

151 Cairo Santos, KC K

Please trade Keenan Allen for David Johnson as fast as you can if he will do it. Keenan Allens only value is in PPR leagues. Hes going to catch 100+ balls but hes prolly a 1200 yard 8 TD guy which makes him not much better than Hurns/Decker in a standard league setting.

I'm just not very good. I'm only a casual football fan and do fantasy with friends for fun. I don't do mock drafts or much research or anything, just a couple articles an hour before the draft and that's it. But it's fun to have a rooting interest outside of just my favorite team.

A guy at work talked me out of my Keenan Allen for Doug Martin trade, so I cancelled that one. Maybe I should just post the roster of the guy who wants to trade with me and you guys will have better suggestions for a trade.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 06:25 PM)
Im getting Demarco Murray everywhere I can.. Hes clearly the #1 guy in an offense that wants to run run run.Henry doesnt scare me away, he can still get his share of carries and keep Murray in high end RB2 status

Not yet at least.. ;)

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 06:41 PM)
I'm just not very good. I'm only a casual football fan and do fantasy with friends for fun. I don't do mock drafts or much research or anything, just a couple articles an hour before the draft and that's it. But it's fun to have a rooting interest outside of just my favorite team.

A guy at work talked me out of my Keenan Allen for Doug Martin trade, so I cancelled that one. Maybe I should just post the roster of the guy who wants to trade with me and you guys will have better suggestions for a trade.

The best part about fantasy football, outside of winning money, is having a rooting interest in almost every game.

Im guessing your league settings, but heres what I would do

RB: Latavius Murray

RB: Melvin Gordon

WR: DeAndre Hopkins

TE: Rob Gronkowski

Flex: Eric Decker

K: Cairo Santos

DEF: Seattle

Bench: Doug Baldwin, Sea WR

Bench: Tom Brady, NE QB

Bench: Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

Bench: Allen Hurns, Jax WR

Bench: Isaiah Crowell, Cle RB

Bench: Bilal Powell, NYJ RB

Bench: Dorial Green-Beckham, Phi WR

Ideally, you want Latavius Murray as your RB2.. I would try to use Doug Baldwin and Allen Hurns to get Doug Martin..If he wants Keenan Allen, it needs to be for David Johnson.. Id try Keenan Allen and Doug Baldwin for David Johnson in that case.. this way, you get a high end RB1 and move Murray to RB 2, Decker can slot in just fine as your WR2 and then you can play matchups for your flex.

If Spencer Ware is a free agent in your league, drop Powell and pick him up.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 08:37 PM)
The best part about fantasy football, outside of winning money, is having a rooting interest in almost every game.

Im guessing your league settings, but heres what I would do

RB: Latavius Murray

RB: Melvin Gordon

WR: DeAndre Hopkins

TE: Rob Gronkowski

Flex: Eric Decker

K: Cairo Santos

DEF: Seattle

Bench: Doug Baldwin, Sea WR

Bench: Tom Brady, NE QB

Bench: Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

Bench: Allen Hurns, Jax WR

Bench: Isaiah Crowell, Cle RB

Bench: Bilal Powell, NYJ RB

Bench: Dorial Green-Beckham, Phi WR

Ideally, you want Latavius Murray as your RB2.. I would try to use Doug Baldwin and Allen Hurns to get Doug Martin..If he wants Keenan Allen, it needs to be for David Johnson.. Id try Keenan Allen and Doug Baldwin for David Johnson in that case.. this way, you get a high end RB1 and move Murray to RB 2, Decker can slot in just fine as your WR2 and then you can play matchups for your flex.

If Spencer Ware is a free agent in your league, drop Powell and pick him up.

Spencer Ware is not available.

I currently have 2 offers out to other teams. Hopkins for Elliot, and Baldwin for Forte.

Here is the roster of the guy who I have been negotiating with so far...

5 Julio Jones, Atl WR

16 David Johnson, Ari RB

25 Doug Martin, TB RB

36 Demaryius Thomas, Den WR

45 Jeremy Hill, Cin RB

56 Kelvin Benjamin, Car WR

65 Coby Fleener, NO TE

76 Ryan Mathews, Phi RB

85 Blake Bortles, Jax QB

96 Adam Vinatieri, Ind K

105 Tyler Lockett, Sea WR

116 Texans D/ST D/ST