2016 Fantasy Football Thread

SnB

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 21, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
As someone who is holding Josh Gordon in 2 leagues. I am disappointed to hear that he has a warrant for his arrest for failing to provide a DNA sample because of a woman claiming he's the father of her kid. I know there's no rhyme or reason for the way the NFL penalizes the players and there's obviously no precedent for the treatment of a guy like Gordon but what happens here?

NFL has already said it doesn't affect his status or ability to come back in Week 5. So I'm hoping they're actually serious about that too

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 21, 2016 -> 04:57 PM)
You people still holding out for Josh Gordon? That is so 3 years ago. He'll just screw up again. Way to many quality WRs to hold out hope on him IMO.

He is going to be a flat out stud when he comes back, especially now that Coleman broke his hand in practice. Targets all day.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 06:49 AM)
I am fairly deep with RBs on my team, but low on WRs although my starters are Evans/Cooks. Just lost Moncrief.

Looking to trade Spencer Ware and trying to get a feel on the value I should expect in return. I am hoping for a WR along the lines of Maclin? Too optimistic?

I think your time to trade Spencer Ware has passed.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 05:03 AM)
The guy I'm facing started the Pats D. Didn't expect a shutout. f***

I have the Pats D and started them, but while they had a shutout, they only put up 15 points. That's not a solid number, but it isn't like when a team has a defensive TD and special teams TD, 5-sack game, etc. Better real-life defensive performance than fantasy.

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 06:44 AM)
I'm taking a chance and am starting the Miami defense over the Jets and Giants. Thoughts?

Played well in first game against Seattle, stunk it up against NE. I think you have to start them against the Browns. Third string QB without top WR. Dolphins can focus on stopping their solid running backs.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 07:09 AM)
I have the Pats D and started them, but while they had a shutout, they only put up 15 points. That's not a solid number, but it isn't like when a team has a defensive TD and special teams TD, 5-sack game, etc. Better real-life defensive performance than fantasy.

My league has that 20 pt Defensive shutout so he ended up with 30 points and I already trail by 9. Hoping the rest of his team falls apart.

I got offered Jarvis Landry for Latavius Murray. Hmm...no idea what to do here. Non-PPR league, but my team is already WR heavy with Hopkins, Decker, Baldwin, Fuller, Wallace. And my RBs are Murray, Gordon, Crowell, Bernard, Asiata.

Or should I do the deal, and then try to trade Hopkins for an RB1? So my top 2 WR would be Landry/Decker. And my top 2 RB would be something like David Johnson/Elliot/some other top RB and then Gordon with Crowell/Baldwin as my flex options?