2016 Fantasy Football Thread

SnB

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 19, 2016 -> 12:30 PM)
Still alive in 3 of my 4 leagues, of course the one I'm eliminated in is my biggest money league and one I care most about(still made money in it though). Officially in 2 championships and am up 20 with Dustin Hopkins left and my opponent has Cam and G-Reg(4 point per qb today league) in my other so toss up city there.

Lost by the Hopkins missed PAT. How cool. :(

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here we go, Championship week..

Macho Madness - 13 - 0

Playing the #2 seed in the Championship game with the undefeated season and $500 on the line

Cobra Kai - 10 - 3

Playing the #4 seed in the Championship game with $200 on the line

Pretty Boy Swag - 12 - 2

Playing the #2 seed in the Championship with $0 on the line.. so who cares about this one

Cobra Kai - 10 - 3

Playing the #1 seed in the Championship with $120 on the line

A Team Has No Name - 7 - 6

Lost to my wife in the first round of the playoffs :(

Woah, I came back against the biggest projected loss of the year! I was projected to lose 85 to 111 when the week started. I picked up Powell and played him which paid off big. Ended up catching up a bit until he had Matt Ryan and Matt Bryant go off for him.

Going in to the 2nd half of the LAST game of the matchup (Dal vs. TB), I was trailing by 33 points (101 to 68) with my Elliot, Bailey, and Brate against his Mike Evans. I was projected to lose by 17.

And BOOM, Elliot TD. Boom Brate TD, Boom, 3 Bailey FGs and a 40+ yard run by Elliot to push him over 100 yards and earn me a bonus point. Holy s*** I was freaking out, but ended up winning 111 to 104. Mike Evans didn't do anything for him in that 2nd half.

Attempting to win the claim on Montgomery for the championship game. People in our league who are out of the playoffs are still continuing to pick up players on waivers to be dicks, so I hope no one takes him, as I have priority over my opponent.

Once I put Melvin Gordon back in my lineup, and if I win Montgomery, I'll be projected to win like 106 to 97 or something.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 12:13 AM)
Final line for me this season: 2 championships, a third place finish and a $90 profit in the league I didn't make the playoffs. I'll never have a year like this again.

I went 2-2 in my 4 championship games.. I lost my undefeated season :(

QUOTE (TRU @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
Pretty much, I had my worst week of the season points wise.. couldn't have come at a worst time.. I lost out on $500 but still get $160 for 2nd place

Yep, same with me, worst week of the season in my championship game.

I'll still go home with $75 - trophy engraving costs. So probably $50-$55.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 03:20 PM)
Yep, same with me, worst week of the season in my championship game.

I'll still go home with $75 - trophy engraving costs. So probably $50-$55.

$20-25 is way too much for engraving; it will cost you like $7 if you go to the right places (I go to a place in Westchester).

I broke even in my two leagues this year. Can't wait for fantasy baseball to start up!!

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 03:32 PM)
$20-25 is way too much for engraving; it will cost you like $7 if you go to the right places (I go to a place in Westchester).

I broke even in my two leagues this year. Can't wait for fantasy baseball to start up!!

I feel like last year they charged like $22 (Winners trophy and losers trophy). They aren't just engraving on an empty space, they are adding a new little marble section and plaque each time.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
I feel like last year they charged like $22 (Winners trophy and losers trophy). They aren't just engraving on an empty space, they are adding a new little marble section and plaque each time.

Yea, our league trophy does not have any marble. We just add an engraved plaque.

I'm doing playoff fantasy football. Gist of it is: We get 12 players. 1 per playoff team. 2QB, 3RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1Flex, 1K. I'm trying to figure out the best strategy for this. This is what I've come up with initially:

QB: Matt Ryan

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB: Le'Veon Bell

RB: Ezekiel Elliott

RB: Jay Ajayi

WR: Odell Beckham

WR: Doug Baldwin

WR: DeAndre Hopkins

TE: Eric Ebron

TE: Martellus Bennett

K: Sebastian Janikowski

F: Tyreek Hill

Any thoughts?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 10:23 AM)
I'm doing playoff fantasy football. Gist of it is: We get 12 players. 1 per playoff team. 2QB, 3RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1Flex, 1K. I'm trying to figure out the best strategy for this. This is what I've come up with initially:

QB: Matt Ryan

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB: Le'Veon Bell

RB: Ezekiel Elliott

RB: Jay Ajayi

WR: Odell Beckham

WR: Doug Baldwin

WR: DeAndre Hopkins

TE: Eric Ebron

TE: Martellus Bennett

K: Sebastian Janikowski

F: Tyreek Hill

Any thoughts?

I got talked into this type of league on nfl.com.

Thinking of how to pick because even if I pick guys on a buy in the first round, I'll get x2 pts in second round.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 11:00 AM)
I got talked into this type of league on nfl.com.

Thinking of how to pick because even if I pick guys on a buy in the first round, I'll get x2 pts in second round.

I think I've settled on:

QB:Ryan

QB: Rodgers

RB: Bell

RB:Elliott

RB: Miller

WR: Beckham

WR: Hill

WR: Edelman

TE: Graham

TE: Ebron

K: Janikowski

F: Ajayi

I probably lose Ajay, Janikowski, and Ebron for sure after round 1.