2016 Fantasy Football Thread

SnB

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had Elliot, Gordon, and Murray all combine for 83 points. 83 beats a handful of teams in our league. Unfortunately for me, I had Murray (30) on my bench. I'm down by 7.6 going in to tomorrow with Baldwin and Seahawks D left, to his 0 remaining. I should take this victory as long as the Bills offense doesn't go off and put up 40+.

If I can get a win on the week I had Brady and Gronk on BYE, I'll be pretty delighted.

Here we go again, I was approached for another trade. This time I am offered Landry for Latavius Murray. I feel like I should do it, considering Murray is just my flex player, and I have Crowell to flex instead, but Murray going off for 200 yards and 3 TD kind of makes me wonder if I can sell his value even higher.

Or should I just take Landry and run before he changes his mind?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 04:39 AM)
Guy in our league has Andrew Luck. Lost by 0.2 points. Last three plays of the game, Luck kneels for the win, and they count as -1 rushing yards each time, or -0.1 points.

I think I won the same way. Went into last night with a 26.30 point lead over Russell Wilson. Woke up with Wilson scoring 26.28 and I had a .02 point victory. Looking at the box score, Wilson took a knee at the end, gotta think that was the difference.

I love fantasy football.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 09:00 PM)
Here we go again, I was approached for another trade. This time I am offered Landry for Latavius Murray. I feel like I should do it, considering Murray is just my flex player, and I have Crowell to flex instead, but Murray going off for 200 yards and 3 TD kind of makes me wonder if I can sell his value even higher.

Or should I just take Landry and run before he changes his mind?

Trade accepted. Latavius Murray for Jarvis Landry.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
Trade accepted. Latavius Murray for Jarvis Landry.

IIRC, you're in a standard league. That's a bad trade. Miami has shifted to a run heavy philosophy and Landry's production is way down. His strength was catching 7-9 balls for 90-100 yards, but he doesn't score touchdowns and now hes more in the neighborhood of 4-5 catches for 60-70 yards. Meanwhile Murray is the lead back in a high powered offense and gets the bulk of the goaline work. You just traded a mid RB2 for a WR3. Unless you were stacked at RB, this was a bad trade. Granted, Miami has acknowledged they need to get the ball to Landry more but he still is a risky play for standard leagues.

QUOTE (TRU @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 09:35 AM)
IIRC, you're in a standard league. That's a bad trade. Miami has shifted to a run heavy philosophy and Landry's production is way down. His strength was catching 7-9 balls for 90-100 yards, but he doesn't score touchdowns and now hes more in the neighborhood of 4-5 catches for 60-70 yards. Meanwhile Murray is the lead back in a high powered offense and gets the bulk of the goaline work. You just traded a mid RB2 for a WR3. Unless you were stacked at RB, this was a bad trade. Granted, Miami has acknowledged they need to get the ball to Landry more but he still is a risky play for standard leagues.

I traded him because my other RBs are Elliot, Gordon, Montgomery, Crowell, Bernard, and Dujuan Harris. My best WR is Doug Baldwin. Traded from a strength to help my weakness.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 07:06 PM)
Matt Forte vs LA

Devontae Booker @ NO

Which one would you guys start on Sunday? Booker has the juicy matchup, but Bibbs might be taking a fair share of reps himself and Forte is more consistent. But man New Orleans D is awful..

Forte. I'm not buying the Bibbs crap and Booker is going to have a good game. I just think Fortes will be better

I need to choose one for FLEX:

D. Booker, R. Cobb, or G. Bernard

My WR: OBJ/Julio

My RB: Freeman/Forte

Edited by staxx

I had a pretty decent lead until Antonio Brown happened.. (I was playing against him and Nelson + Robinson who killed me) I have A.J. Green and OBJ tonight down 37.. I need at least 19 from both of them to win which is doable. Needless to say, I'm hoping tonight's game is a shootout. Hopefully the recent OBJ pickup does me well.