2016 Fantasy Football Thread

SnB

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going into the last week of the regular season..

Yahoo 12 Team PPR - 12-0 - Clinched 1st Round Bye - $60 buy in

NFL.com 12 Team Standard - 10-2 - Clinched 1st Round Bye - Free League

ESPN 12 Team PPR - 10-2 - Currently have 1st Round Bye - $20 buy in

Yahoo 12 Team PPR - 9-3 - Currently have 1st Round Bye - $30 buy in

Yahoo 12 Team PPR - 7-5 - Currently 5th Seed - $10 buy in

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
I'm in a Survivor League with 5 people left. I'm between Oakland at home vs Buffalo and Green Bay home vs Houston this week. Not sure who I'm going to take. Any thoughts?

Oakland is a slightly better choice since they have a better record this season, but either choice is a good one, I think.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 08:59 AM)
I'm in a Survivor League with 5 people left. I'm between Oakland at home vs Buffalo and Green Bay home vs Houston this week. Not sure who I'm going to take. Any thoughts?

After Monday night, I'd roll with Rodgers at Lambeau. Buffalo has a long flight to Oakland but they are a much better team than Houston.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)

Green Bay is the better pick here. I don't trust Oakland at all, and the Texans stink on ice.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 01:53 PM)
1/2 PPR and I need a WR2 and a FLEX after losing AJ Green.

I have:

WR Tyrell Williams vs TB (labrum issue, is said to play)

WR Tyreek Hill @ ATL

RB Devontae Booker @ JAX

RB Rob Kelley @ ARI

I also have Dion Lewis and Marquess Wilson but I'm not really considering them. Probably won't play Kelley either. What say you ST?

Start both WR's, Williams as WR2 and Hill as flex

If for some reason Williams cant go I go Hill and Booker

Would it be better to roster Adrian Peterson (I just won the claim on him), or add Alfred Morris as a handcuff to Ezekiel Elliot? I know on Matthew Berry's fantasy show they have been saying you need to handcuff Elliot with Morris, but I'm not experienced enough with fantasy to understand why, other than the *potential* for injury I guess? In which case, wouldn't that have been the idea all season? Or is it because all the byes are done, your bench should be differently?

Anyway, they even explicitly said in the video that handcuffing Elliot with Morris is a better idea than rostering Peterson, but I just see that as trading a potential weapon for safety net.

Of course, I could just drop Crowell who has been god awful recently, or drop Jared Cook in hopes that Gronk will play Sunday.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 12:08 AM)
Would it be better to roster Adrian Peterson (I just won the claim on him), or add Alfred Morris as a handcuff to Ezekiel Elliot? I know on Matthew Berry's fantasy show they have been saying you need to handcuff Elliot with Morris, but I'm not experienced enough with fantasy to understand why, other than the *potential* for injury I guess? In which case, wouldn't that have been the idea all season? Or is it because all the byes are done, your bench should be differently?

Anyway, they even explicitly said in the video that handcuffing Elliot with Morris is a better idea than rostering Peterson, but I just see that as trading a potential weapon for safety net.

Of course, I could just drop Crowell who has been god awful recently, or drop Jared Cook in hopes that Gronk will play Sunday.

You shouldn't even roster Jared Cook. He's had one good game all year.

QUOTE (TRU @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)
Pitta, Brate, and McDonald are all better options than Cook

Decided to go with Brate because TB plays New Orleans TWICE during my playoffs. Obviously losing Gronk sucks big time.

My hard decision this week is deciding to play Matthew Stafford (versus the Saints) or Tom Brady (versus the Rams). Stafford projected for 15.3, Brady for 15.

Also, then Jarvis Landry or Boldin? or Malcolm Mitchell? I have Boldin in there currently.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 02:43 PM)
Gronk was kind of the ultimate in busts this season. 3 games where he was basically a decoy and/or got injured during and that's not counting the time he just flat out missed. Those fake 3 games he "played" in though could cost me in a couple of leagues.

Yup. Still sucks though. Second major injury to Green for me. Picked up Brate and have Ebron. Hopefully Stafford finds him down the stretch.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
I have no idea what to do here. I need to fill the following positions RB2, FLEX1 and FLEX2. Standard league.

I have:

RB Frank Gore @ NYJ

RB Todd Gurley @ NE

WR Sammy Watkins @ OAK

WR Davante Adams vs. HOU

WR Kelvin Benjamin @ SEA

RB James Starks vs. HOU

I am basically not even considering Benjamin and Starks. Pretty much set on starting Gore if Luck starts. Gurley hasn't been getting TDs but he gets his yards every game because of the volume. I have to start playing Adams but he has a less than desirable matchup in Houston. I feel like Watkins will go off against a suspect secondary.

Advice needed...

I'd go with Gore, Gurley, Adams

You could probably sub out Gore for Watkins, but Watkins has already missed practice time this week with pain issues. Not sure that guys trust worthy

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
Decided to go with Brate because TB plays New Orleans TWICE during my playoffs. Obviously losing Gronk sucks big time.

My hard decision this week is deciding to play Matthew Stafford (versus the Saints) or Tom Brady (versus the Rams). Stafford projected for 15.3, Brady for 15.

Also, then Jarvis Landry or Boldin? or Malcolm Mitchell? I have Boldin in there currently.

Ended up picking up Vernon Davis and will start him Sunday over Brate, now that Jordan Reed is out.

I'm 7-6 on the year, and barely snuck in to playoffs. Had I swapped schedules with the guy with the #1 seed, I would be 12-1. I had the most Points Against, despite having the 2nd most Points For.

A really good week is scoring 90+, scoring 100+ almost guarantees a victory. 5 of my 6 losses, I scored 97+, and a couple of them I scored 110+.

Matt Forte needed one f***ing yard for me to get the win and the Jets bench him the rest of the way. Sigh.. well fell to 10-3 and 2nd place but my team doesn't look so dominant without Green and Gronk now. Wouldn't shock me if I got bounced 1st round in 2 weeks.

Cooper dropping a duece for my opponent gave me a solid 15-point projected cushion. But I do have a lot of risky plays and toss ups this week, my first week of playoffs...

Baldwin (7.9), Mitchell (7.4), Marshall (7.1), and Landry (7.0). For my 2 WR slots, I picked Baldwin and Mitchell.

I also have a flex spot to consider. I either do Marshall or Landry from above, or I do Isiah Crowell (10.0). I have Crowell in there now, but he has been so, so bad over the past 4 weeks that he NEVER reaches his projection. Blaah.

Then I have the decision of defense, either Jets (11.4) or Seahawks (10.0). Currently have Jets in there, but I feel Seahawks might be safer play.

THEN I have a QB controversy as well....I have Brady (14.4), Newton (15.3) or Stafford (14.6). I currenly have Brady in there for the safe play, but Cam vs SD is enticing.

Thank god I have a 15 point projected cushion because I could easily f*** this up by picking wrong.

So I've clinched a playoff spot in 3 of 4 my leagues. Unfortunately my main league and the only one I really care about I'm in a win and I'm in/lose and I'm out game this week.

Soooooo: Stafford or Ben and Martellus or Fleener? Yes the tight end options are awful, blame Gronk.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 08:27 AM)
So I've clinched a playoff spot in 3 of 4 my leagues. Unfortunately my main league and the only one I really care about I'm in a win and I'm in/lose and I'm out game this week.

Soooooo: Stafford or Ben and Martellus or Fleener? Yes the tight end options are awful, blame Gronk.

Fleener and Stafford. Big Ben always scares me on the road.

I didn't realize Julio is likely not gonna play. Picked up Taylor Gabriel. I might start him instead even if Julio does play.