2016 Fantasy Football Thread

SnB

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 06:00 AM)
I'm losing by 30 and I wouldn't be if Dez hadn't played like a bum and Keenan Allen didn't have the worst luck.

I'm losing by 9 with the Rams DST to go. I can't believe I might overcome Dez Bryant giving me less than one point.

Andrew Luck saved my ass.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 10:31 AM)
I'm losing by 9 with the Rams DST to go. I can't believe I might overcome Dez Bryant giving me less than one point.

Andrew Luck saved my ass.

That Rams game seems like a trap game. Everyone expects the Rams D to shut SF down but man it's kinda giving me the trap game feel.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
It could be worse I had Tyrod Taylor. Getting 5 points from your quarterback is a lot harder to overcome.

Taylor is so hit and miss that I didn't keep him this season; although when he's on, he's a top 5 fantasy QB.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 09:53 AM)
It could be worse I had Tyrod Taylor. Getting 5 points from your quarterback is a lot harder to overcome.

I started Tyrod over Bortles and Rivers...Ended up dropping Rivers to pick up Tyrod and kept Bortles on the bench. Picked up Winston during the games yesterday while he was balling out, so I will be moving forward with Winston and Bortles and just play the better matchup each week.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)
That Rams game seems like a trap game. Everyone expects the Rams D to shut SF down but man it's kinda giving me the trap game feel.

Taylor is so hit and miss that I didn't keep him this season; although when he's on, he's a top 5 fantasy QB.

I would not be surprised if Kelly put special importance to destroying the Rams game one.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)
Welp, had I played Melvin Gordon...or Isiah Crowell (wasn't really even considering it though), or even Doug Baldwin, they all outscored Decker, I would be sitting really comfortably heading in to MNF. But instead, I hold on to a 12.9 pt lead and he has Pierre Garcon left. Still not terribly worried, but one TD by Garcon and I could be screwed.

Picking up Ebron worked out well for me.

Garcon would need 70 yards and a TD to beat you.. He had over 70 yards only 3 times in 16 games last season and never scored more than 1 TD in any game.. the combo of 70 yards and 1 TD happened just one time.. It would be shocking, to say the least, if Garcon has 70+ yards and a TD tonight.. I think you're good.

A little more digging.. in the last 32 games he had a stat line of 70+ yards and 1 TD in only 3 games (Two of those against division rival Eagles).. recent history says he has about a 10% chance at hitting those numbers. Hopefully I did not just jynx you.

I am going to be 5-0 in my leagues after tonight, but unfortunately will be losing Keenan Allen in two of them.. that's a tough one

Edited by TRU

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)

I'm not expecting them to shut the Niners out or anything, I'm just hoping for a special teams TD or maybe a defensive TD. Anything's possible against the Niners.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
Garcon would need 70 yards and a TD to beat you.. He had over 70 yards only 3 times in 16 games last season and never scored more than 1 TD in any game.. the combo of 70 yards and 1 TD happened just one time.. It would be shocking, to say the least, if Garcon has 70+ yards and a TD tonight.. I think you're good.

A little more digging.. in the last 32 games he had a stat line of 70+ yards and 1 TD in only 3 games (Two of those against division rival Eagles).. recent history says he has about a 10% chance at hitting those numbers. Hopefully I did not just jynx you.

I am going to be 5-0 in my leagues after tonight, but unfortunately will be losing Keenan Allen in two of them.. that's a tough one

Garcon did get 51 yards, but no TD. I won by 9.9 points.

My best friend is in my league...he almost DOUBLED his opponent. And he STILL had bench players out produce some of his starters.

So who are the hot waiver pick ups for this week? I just lost Keenan Allen for the year, but have #1 waiver priority. Anyone I need to scoop up, or should I hold on to that #1 waiver spot for another week? Luckily. I am deep enough at WR. I have Decker, Baldwin, Hurns, and Melvin Gordon to replace him with.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 13, 2016 -> 12:48 AM)
So who are the hot waiver pick ups for this week? I just lost Keenan Allen for the year, but have #1 waiver priority. Anyone I need to scoop up, or should I hold on to that #1 waiver spot for another week? Luckily. I am deep enough at WR. I have Decker, Baldwin, Hurns, and Melvin Gordon to replace him with.

I'm in the same boat with the #1 waiver claim. I'm going to drop Derrick Henry. I need a backup QB but not till week 4 which is Rodgers bye week (Stafford is actually available in my league). I don't think I wanna use it on a QB though even though I should jump on Stafford. I need a RB after Bell comes back in a couple weeks (I'm weak there especially now with Freeman looking like a RB2, so I pretty much just have Forte) so I'm looking at Theo Reddick. BUT, Will Fuller is looking awfully attractive. I might just pick that kid up. He looked amazing against the Bears.

I'm going to possibly shop Gronk this week. Maybe even Rodgers if I decide to just take Stafford. Carl, any advise bro?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 13, 2016 -> 05:40 AM)
I'm in the same boat with the #1 waiver claim. I'm going to drop Derrick Henry. I need a backup QB but not till week 4 which is Rodgers bye week (Stafford is actually available in my league). I don't think I wanna use it on a QB though even though I should jump on Stafford. I need a RB after Bell comes back in a couple weeks (I'm weak there especially now with Freeman looking like a RB2, so I pretty much just have Forte) so I'm looking at Theo Reddick. BUT, Will Fuller is looking awfully attractive. I might just pick that kid up. He looked amazing against the Bears.

I'm going to possibly shop Gronk this week. Maybe even Rodgers if I decide to just take Stafford. Carl, any advise bro?

Don't waste the #1 waiver claim on a QB, you just need a one week fill in

PPR league? Riddick would be a solid get.. Same with Fuller. I wouldn't drop Henry just yet

Prolly wouldnt trade Gronk either, but of course that depends on what the return would be.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 13, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Friend is giving up on Dez Bryant. Offering him for Baldwin plus i get keenan allen in a keeper league. Thoughts?

DO IT! seriously though, Wilson to Baldwin has been hot since late last year and Bryant doesn't seem to have much going with Prescott so I would do it. It's tought because I'm shopping Bryant myself but what about when Romo comes back.