New Ballpark Name

shysocks

QUOTE (captain54 @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 09:01 PM)
Nice try, but a...no.

The roster has turned over multiple times, yet the status quo of the front office remains. Those involved in throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks, are given opportunity after opportunity, despite the franchise bring stuck in quicksand

And let's knock it off with the "Reinsdorf Hater" crap, shall we? I'm one of JR's biggest critics as far the transgressions of the ballclub, but personally I've dealt with JR thru charities and he's one of the nicest guys you could meet.

I don't "hate" people unless they've committed some act of atrocity. I'm sure most JR critics feel the same.

Of course, I get that you need to paint people into this lunatic box in order to flesh out your narrative. But please, knock it off. It makes you sound like you're in Junior High

Yes, accusations that anyone is a "hater" and/or "hates" is reckless and done so in poor form.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 09:30 PM)
So they alienated fans by trading a free agent to be Sabatthia in 2008 when they were 13.5 games out in July and got Brantley, traded a free agent to be Cliff Lee and Victor Martinez in 2009 when they lost 97 games and got Carassco and Materson. and traded Jhonny Peralta in 2010 when they lost 93 games and he was going to be a free agent.

I guess then the idea of trading Sale or Quintana would only alienate the fan base, so I am sure you are against it. Or pretty much trading anyone of substance even if they have 2 months left on their contract.

What is bizarre is after 2007 their attendance dropped when every baseball fan knows you get a bump the year after. It continued to drop until 2011 when all those guys were gone and it rose almost 500k.

A generation? It was 7 years of having a stacked team.as soon as that team sprung a leak, they fled. That isn't a trait of the best fans.

Do you make up as much garbage in real life and assume people are so stupid they will buy it? You make things up and when called on it, instead of just admitting you are busted, you make up even more. It is really fascinating.

Start using facts, not stuff you just make up.

Well, if the White Sox had the ability to actually EXECUTE trades that brought back Lee/Sizemore/Phillips for Colon or Michael Brantley, maybe they wouldn't be so MEDIOCRE every year.

Seeing that you're an expert on all things Cleveland, all those fans just KNEW 100% beyond a doubt in 2008 that all of those trades for prospects were going to work out?

GREAT!!! We can just do the same thing, because that would at least give us playoff appearances in 2021 and 2023.

For the first time in over a century of major league baseball, a team has traded away two Cy Young winners (Lee and Sabathia) in a row for prospects.

Glad you made the point that even the BEST fans in baseball can feel alienated, as happened in Cleveland. (Because God forbid White Sox fans have never been accused of being great over even good fans). These fans just MAGICALLY fled...yeah, sure, right, that's EXACTLY what happened. And that's your logical explanation for how the best fans in baseball at that time MIRACULOUSLY became the WORST fans in baseball a generation later??? They just fled. For no apparent reason.

Ask ANYONE in Cleveland if the fans were fully in support of the actions of the ownership group in 2007-2009. You will get a completely different answer.

You don't have any facts either, by the way, just your hindsight to say what they did was logical and how it later worked out, but not what the process of going through that was like for the fans who had been patiently waiting for a World Series win...

So...because those fans (in your theory, I guess) weren't patient enough for another rebuild, that actually has worked out fairly decently (two more playoff appearances in 2013 and 2016, so 2 playoffs in 9 years, which was about the average of the White Sox in the modern era until the last eight years happened)...they are conveniently labelled as 'BAD FANS'.

You haven't once mentioned the degree of hatred and enmity which was engendered in Cleveland against the Dolans...which is completely, 100% the most important part of the story, and one you glossed over in your own little convenient bubble of truth.

The irony is you turn around and consistently support the White Sox front office when they do EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE, which is holding onto assets too long and/or not trading them and watching all their trade value completely evaporate. No wonder White Sox fans are completely exasperated with the present state of affairs.

So, to summarize, White Sox and Indians fans=bad, Cubs' fans=good. G-RATE!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (captain54 @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 09:01 PM)
Nice try, but a...no.

The roster has turned over multiple times, yet the status quo of the front office remains. Those involved in throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks, are given opportunity after opportunity, despite the franchise bring stuck in quicksand

And let's knock it off with the "Reinsdorf Hater" crap, shall we? I'm one of JR's biggest critics as far the transgressions of the ballclub, but personally I've dealt with JR thru charities and he's one of the nicest guys you could meet.

I don't "hate" people unless they've committed some act of atrocity. I'm sure most JR critics feel the same.

Of course, I get that you need to paint people into this lunatic box in order to flesh out your narrative. But please, knock it off. It makes you sound like you're in Junior High

But completely unrelated jokes about people's home towns are evidently kosher, got it. If you want to play the maturity card, at least pretend to live up to it on your end. GMAB. You evidently can't handle a debate without resorting to insults, but then you get upset when someone calls you on your hating of ownership? Yeah, OK. I think you might not be ready for the sandbox.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 03:55 PM)
Globe Life Stadium

All of them named after a product of some sort are all bad except Cincinnati

Petco, Progressive, Safeco, Wrigley, Citi, Tropicana, Target, Rogers, PNC, Miller, Coors, Comerica, Citizens, Chase, Busch and AT & T

They are all the same so what the hell difference does it make.

They would be named something if the money was right.

Also, I do not think the White Sox have anything to do with this as it is not their stadium as they lease it from the state of Illinois.

I also financed through them and they were awesome.

David Hochberg has got to be pissed.

Those are all national brands, living in Iowa I have never heard of "Guaranteed Rate". This is a bad deal for the Sox.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
Those are all national brands, living in Iowa I have never heard of "Guaranteed Rate". This is a bad deal for the Sox.

It's not a bad deal. You've just never heard of the company. I hadn't either. That doesn't make it a bad deal though.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)

Not to seem like I'm defending this deal but Guaranteed Rate is a much larger company than many on here are giving them credit for. They have offices in all 50 states. I see their tv commercials with Ty Pennington as a spokesman nearly everyday.

The thing about Guaranteed Rate is that it's not a super old company and the thing they do isn't the kind of thing a bunch of people are shopping for all the time. A pretty big portion of the people who are even homeowners probably bought the house before Guaranteed Rate was founded

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 07:30 AM)
But completely unrelated jokes about people's home towns are evidently kosher, got it. If you want to play the maturity card, at least pretend to live up to it on your end. GMAB. You evidently can't handle a debate without resorting to insults, but then you get upset when someone calls you on your hating of ownership? Yeah, OK. I think you might not be ready for the sandbox.

You don't have any problem dishing out daily insults towards Sox fans… Questioning the loyalty of a lot of us who have been thru thick and thin as Sox fans for nearly six decades….

But yet, you can't handle a little good natured ribbing about NW Indiana SW MI..

You are TRULY a piece of work..

QUOTE (captain54 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
You don't have any problem dishing out daily insults towards Sox fans… Questioning the loyalty of a lot of us who have been thru thick and thin as Sox fans for nearly six decades….

But yet, you can't handle a little good natured ribbing about NW Indiana SW MI..

You are TRULY a piece of work..

This from the guy who is crying about being called a JR hater for routinely hating on the teams ownership. Yeah, um, ok. Apparently comprehension really is a fleeting skill.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
This from the guy who is crying about being called a JR hater for routinely hating on the teams ownership. Yeah, um, ok. Apparently comprehension really is a fleeting skill.

At 6:30 a.m. you said this to a poster: "You evidently can't handle a debate without resorting to insults"

And then at 12:57 p.m. you said this to that same poster: "Apparently comprehension really is a fleeting skill."

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 01:34 PM)
At 6:30 a.m. you said this to a poster: "You evidently can't handle a debate without resorting to insults"

And then at 12:57 p.m. you said this to that same poster: "Apparently comprehension really is a fleeting skill."

After being insulted and misrepresented many times, yes I made that observation. And as another one who loves to jump in with those kinds of actions, I am not surprised that you again jumped in to try to take another cheap shot.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)

I JUST..literally JUST posted, and reminded you... that I have dealt with JR and there is no hate in my heart for this man…

Here's what follows.:

This from the guy who is crying about being called a JR hater for routinely hating on the teams ownership

Obviously, you are the last person that should be coaching people as to their comprehension skills….

QUOTE (captain54 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 02:03 PM)
I JUST..literally JUST posted, and reminded you... that I have dealt with JR and there is no hate in my heart for this man…

Here's what follows.:

This from the guy who is crying about being called a JR hater for routinely hating on the teams ownership

Obviously, you are the last person that should be coaching people as to their comprehension skills….

Your actions speak louder than your words here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
Your actions speak louder than your words here.

Here's something for you both to consider:

What is your continued engagement with each other providing for yourself?

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)

hi8is the voice of reason? LOL

Throwing me off here brother.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
hi8is the voice of reason? LOL

Throwing me off here brother.

Just posing the question in an attempt to uncover potentially subconscious value systems who may be futile. I have my psychology hat on today, apparently.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)

You have a person of authority on your board that apparently thinks it's cool to call out loyal/die hard fans, who express any sort of skepticism toward the current ownership.. then gets incredulous and goes into attack mode when confronted with this blatant and insulting display of disrespect

This is a great board.. I learn a ton from many knowledgeable, savvy fans…

I don't know southsider2K5 from adam… Possible a face to face meeting could result from a handshake and a sharing of a beer and some Sox chat…who knows?

I have White Sox coursing thru my veins… I'm still in possession of my little league glove signed at old Comiskey, by little Nellie Fox from 1960..I still haven't recovered from the Tito Landrum shot in the 10 inning of Game 4 of the ALCS in 83

Nobodies gonna tell me that I can't be critical of the ownership.. I've earned that right… And I don't need anyone to tell me how to be a proper fan..

QUOTE (captain54 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 12:58 PM)
You have a person of authority on your board that apparently thinks it's cool to call out loyal/die hard fans, who express any sort of skepticism toward the current ownership.. then gets incredulous and goes into attack mode when confronted with this blatant and insulting display of disrespect

I don't know southsider2K5 from adam… Possible a face to face meeting could result from a handshake and a sharing of a beer and some Sox chat…who knows?

I have White Sox coursing thru my veins… I'm still in possession of my little league glove signed at old Comiskey, by little Nellie Fox from 1960..I still haven't recovered from the Tito Landrum shot in the 10 inning of Game 4 of the ALCS in 83

Nobodies gonna tell me that I can't be critical of the ownership.. I've earned that right… And I don't need anyone to tell me how to be a proper fan..

So what does your continued engagement with him provide for you?

QUOTE (captain54 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 02:58 PM)

Ugh. I know you are a lost cause here, but for the sake of clarity. What fans want to do is up to the fans. They can do whatever they want to do. What I have posted about over and over and over again, is the impact that has on the bottom line of the franchise, as compared to other franchises who don't have as high of a transient fan factor as the White Sox do. I can't help if it you and a couple of others want to turn that around, internalize it, and make it a personal thing. The fan base is the fan base. The numbers are all there in black and white. Those are facts that can't be disputed. That absolutely effects how this franchise is run, and the decisions that are made regarding its future. Pretend it doesn't if you like, but that would be wrong.

I won't even bother with the irrelevancy of your fan litmus test.