New Ballpark Name

shysocks

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 10:02 PM)
Wow, this is f***ing sad. Some 3rd tier mortgage company/broker/business. Couldn't get Walgreens, a big time bank, airline, Fortune 500 co?? They end up with some shady mortgage broker??

Isn't this what happens when your teams consistently suck, you attendance sucks and your TV ratings suck?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)
No. I mean it is an awful name, but I can't blame a team for wanting to see their park's naming rights.

Just seeing a lot of people saying this is their lowest day as a Sox fan. The LaRoche reaction and Sale jersey story were way worse

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 03:55 PM)
Globe Life Stadium

All of them named after a product of some sort are all bad except Cincinnati

Petco, Progressive, Safeco, Wrigley, Citi, Tropicana, Target, Rogers, PNC, Miller, Coors, Comerica, Citizens, Chase, Busch and AT & T

They are all the same so what the hell difference does it make.

They would be named something if the money was right.

Also, I do not think the White Sox have anything to do with this as it is not their stadium as they lease it from the state of Illinois.

I also financed through them and they were awesome.

David Hochberg has got to be pissed.

Those at least flow better than this. I'm never calling it that. Will always be The Cell.

Sox Park it is.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
One random thought. It doesn't seem to me that a guy looking to sell the team would be working on a naming rights deal.

Sure they would - they want to sell it eventually, and the revenue stream adds value to the franchise.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)
Sox Park it is.

Sure they would - they want to sell it eventually, and the revenue stream adds value to the franchise.

Not really. You'd think a new owner could do better than that.

Chris Rongey ‏@ChrisRongey 6m6 minutes ago If reports are accurate (approx $88 mil for 13 yrs), when adjusted for inflation, the Guaranteed Rate deal is worth exactly same as US Cell.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 04:21 PM)
Not really. You'd think a new owner could do better than that.

Chris Rongey ‏@ChrisRongey 6m6 minutes ago If reports are accurate (approx $88 mil for 13 yrs), when adjusted for inflation, the Guaranteed Rate deal is worth exactly same as US Cell.

So they did this for what reason? To piss the fans off? Sounds about right.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 04:27 PM)
Yeah man, that's why they did it.

Obviously I was being sarcastic but I mean at a certain point as a fan you just say "come the f*** on man".

As others have said this isn't even first or second most embarrassing thing that has happened this year. Thanks to Chris Sale and Adam Laroche this is only the 3rd most stupid thing. I can only express my frustrations via a message board.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)
Obviously I was being sarcastic but I mean at a certain point as a fan you just say "come the f*** on man".

As others have said this isn't even first or second most embarrassing thing that has happened this year. Thanks to Chris Sale and Adam Laroche this is only the 3rd most stupid thing. I can only express my frustrations via a message board.

I feel like we missed an opportunity with Great Clips Stadium.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 04:27 PM)
US Cellular doesnt even offer plans in the midwest. I am sure they were no longer interested.

Sure. It is obvious they were in the market for a new name, but the results are all around disappointing. The deal isn't that impressive, and it sure isn't a very impressive company.

What this really does is scare me for their next TV contract.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
Wow, this is f***ing sad. Some 3rd tier mortgage company/broker/business. Couldn't get Walgreens, a big time bank, airline, Fortune 500 co?? They end up with some shady mortgage broker??

perhaps that says something about the Sox relevance in their own market.

Mark