New Ballpark Name

shysocks

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
They may sound like a shady mortgage company but its possible they had a substantial offer. If its helps improve the team then I am fine by it but damn this wasnt the greatest of timing.

As others have pointed out and I have no idea on this, the money may not even be going to the Sox. We'll find out more I guess in the next few days. Some say because the Sox simply rent the stadium they won't get the money.

Mark

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 03:32 PM)
What this really does is scare me for their next TV contract.

As well you should be. If things don't dramatically improve on the field and in the ratings I don't think the Sox will even be getting what franchises like the Mariners and Diamondbacks got. And they won't even be in the same ballpark (no pun intended) with what the Cubs will be getting.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 05:46 PM)
As well you should be. If things don't dramatically improve on the field and in the ratings I don't think the Sox will even be getting what franchises like the Mariners and Diamondbacks got. And they won't even be in the same ballpark (no pun intended) with what the Cubs will be getting.

Mark

The Mariners actually fired their big talking s***ty GM that loved toolsy players and are actually building a decent team now. Go figure. Here in Seattle people are pretty excited. Usually this time of year it's 90% Hawks talk but the Mariners in the hunt has it more like 60/40 Hawks on local sports radio.

Naming rights are stupid. Only a terrible company would think it's a good marketing gimmick. Of course you'll get a terrible company. That the ownership decides to s*** all over the fans after a season of awful play and news is typical.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 05:55 PM)
Attendance up 5% this year per ESPN attendance tracker. Highest since 2012.

Did they use 2015 season ending average vs 2016 present average??? Because Baseball Reference through yesterday has Sox attendance down about 600 per game after 59 games each season.

Gotta love the genius who thought it would be a great idea to put a logo with a downward pointing arrow all over the ballpark. Anyone who has any basic design/marketing background knows you NEVER associate negative images with your brand. That arrow may work when talking low mortgage rates but it's a terrible idea associating it with a competitive baseball team. Subliminal messages stick, especially when it accurately defines the current state of the organization, haha.

It will be "Guaranteed Field" not "Guaranteed Rate Field"

Call it Sox Park or Comiskey. Teams have to do this sh1t for promotional purposes. I just asked a cubz fan friend of mine what the he11 " NUVEEN" is and we both busted up laughing.