Jackson and Davidson done for '16

Whisox05

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
Not saying this to be offensive, but isn't this old news?

Hahn just said that today before the game meeting the media. Said they are "likely" done for the year.

Among the things he said was that there is no rift between him, Jerry or Kenny and that they all want to move the franchise forward "to get us on an extended period of success even if that involves a short term step-back."

He said that Navarez "put himself on the map for the next several years of playing some sort of role on this club going forward. He has opened some eyes."

He also said Davidson and Jackson are "likely" out for the season.

Just being around athletes myself at Idaho State my sense is Jackson must have done something more then just tear a meniscus. Normally if it's just that you don't miss three and a half months.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 06:49 PM)
Hahn just said that today before the game meeting the media. Said they are "likely" done for the year.

Among the things he said was that there is no rift between him, Jerry or Kenny and that they all want to move the franchise forward "to get us on an extended period of success even if that involves a short term step-back."

He said that Navarez "put himself on the map for the next several years of playing some sort of role on this club going forward. He has opened some eyes."

He also said Davidson and Jackson are "likely" out for the season.

Just being around athletes myself at Idaho State my sense is Jackson must have done something more then just tear a meniscus. Normally if it's just that you don't miss three and a half months.

Mark

Derrick Rose said sup.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 07:48 PM)
Derrick Rose said sup.

I don't know what "sup" means.

I've seen ISU athletes in basketball tear their meniscus. One player went down the championship season in the Big Sky at New Mexico State in mid-November. By the start of conference play in early January they were back in the starting lineup and played the rest of the season.

Mark

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 08:40 PM)
Sarcasm, right?

No- he's an okay hitter who plays average defense with plus speed. Basically just a vanilla player, but still better than some teams' 3rd outfielders. He was starting to hit better for us right before the injury

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 10:44 PM)

I've seen ISU athletes in basketball tear their meniscus. One player went down the championship season in the Big Sky at New Mexico State in mid-November. By the start of conference play in early January they were back in the starting lineup and played the rest of the season.

Mark

It means not all tears are created equal.

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2013/1...n-chicago-bulls

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)

Mark

It's short or slang for "what's up " as in Sup dude ?

It sucks Davidson got hurt. He is the forgotten man as far as prospects go. He had a great spring training and was following it up with decent stats in the minors. Sure would've been nice to see if he had turned a corner in his approach. He might be a power source that was not expected a year ago.

If he can show some consistency and produce in the majors and along with the great draft of 2016 things would certainly be looking up.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)
It sucks Davidson got hurt. He is the forgotten man as far as prospects go. He had a great spring training and was following it up with decent stats in the minors. Sure would've been nice to see if he had turned a corner in his approach. He might be a power source that was not expected a year ago.

If he can show some consistency and produce in the majors and along with the great draft of 2016 things would certainly be looking up.

Uh..... What's your problem with the word "sup" ???

I'm 31 and I use either sup or w'sup multiple times every day.