Illinois High School Football Thread

Really excited about tonight. My HS is 6-1 for the first time ever (we always suck in football), and we are playing our rivals who are 7-0. It is also homecoming, and there are only two weeks left in the season, so this game could decide who wins the conference. We have already pre-sold all but like 500 tickets out of 5000, for the game tonight. It is going to be a sell out before the gates even open.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)
Really excited about tonight. My HS is 6-1 for the first time ever (we always suck in football), and we are playing our rivals who are 7-0. It is also homecoming, and there are only two weeks left in the season, so this game could decide who wins the conference. We have already pre-sold all but like 500 tickets out of 5000, for the game tonight. It is going to be a sell out before the gates even open.

St. Joes?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 03:17 AM)
Greg, your boys are up 56-0 at half. The QB broke the school record for tds and apparently only needed 1 half to do it.

Thank u. I was busy tonite and couldn't watch. What team was that they were playing? I never heard of 'em. St. Joseph?? Is that Pingatore's school?

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
77 straight was quite the conference run.

Yeah, it's just insane. I mean, in that time Maine South has been one of the best programs in the state. The next best in the conference has been New Trier, and we're decent but not that great.

Week 9 Loyola vs Brother Rice game is huge. They are currently #1 and #2 by points and record in 8A. The winner will be the #1 seed in the 8A playoffs. The loser most likely falls all the way down to #9 though with an 8-1 record. One of Loyola/BR, On of Palatine/Barrington and Hinsdale Central, Neuqua Valley, Homewood Flossmoor, Oswego, St. Charles East, and possibly West Aurora should all be 9-0 teams. As a matter of fact, it looks like the top 18 teams in 8A will be 9-0 or 8-1. Should have at least 1 8-1 team on the road in the 8A playoffs. It's crazy.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 08:33 AM)
Week 9 Loyola vs Brother Rice game is huge. They are currently #1 and #2 by points and record in 8A. The winner will be the #1 seed in the 8A playoffs. The loser most likely falls all the way down to #9 though with an 8-1 record. One of Loyola/BR, On of Palatine/Barrington and Hinsdale Central, Neuqua Valley, Homewood Flossmoor, Oswego, St. Charles East, and possibly West Aurora should all be 9-0 teams. As a matter of fact, it looks like the top 18 teams in 8A will be 9-0 or 8-1. Should have at least 1 8-1 team on the road in the 8A playoffs. It's crazy.

8A is crazy loaded. I am wondering if there is shift in football and dropping numbers that is causing this.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
New Trier beat Maine South last night. Very happy about that.

It's Maine South's first conference loss since October 2000, when New Trier beat them 17-7. I went to the game, only one I went to at Maine South.

BOOOOOOO!!!!

That is a crazy streak. First loss since I was a senior, and I'm old as balls.

I love Brother Rice football. Does that make me a bad man?

I'm afraid Rice is the same this year as always. Damn good, damn exciting but can't beat a fundamentally sound team like Loyola. Loyola by 21.

Then if we have to play on the road I don't like our chances in the stacked playoffs. I predict Rice wins the Prep Bowl this year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
I love Brother Rice football. Does that make me a bad man?

I'm afraid Rice is the same this year as always. Damn good, damn exciting but can't beat a fundamentally sound team like Loyola. Loyola by 21.

Then if we have to play on the road I don't like our chances in the stacked playoffs. I predict Rice wins the Prep Bowl this year.

Why would it make you a bad man?

The 8A playoffs will be good but Rice should make the quarters.

Loyola is a better team in totality but the travel is bear on a Friday afternoon. Chicago traffic is horrendous. That is a two hour commute.

Looking at he brackets and how the IHSA playoff system works losing may be better for either of Rice or Loyola as it will for MC. If MC beats Providence their bracket would be easy until the semis, same as two years ago.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
Why would it make you a bad man?

The 8A playoffs will be good but Rice should make the quarters.

Loyola is a better team in totality but the travel is bear on a Friday afternoon. Chicago traffic is horrendous. That is a two hour commute.

Looking at he brackets and how the IHSA playoff system works losing may be better for either of Rice or Loyola as it will for MC. If MC beats Providence their bracket would be easy until the semis, same as two years ago.

Harry are you going to the game? If I ever come in for a game do you want to go? Football or Bobby Frasor ball?

That's neat you say we should make the quarters at least. You are right about the traffic. I remember one time we drove to Loyola land for a cross country meet on a Friday and it sucked. That was the day three Loyola guys finished ahead of me in a big meet and I got fifth. I thought I was gonna get a big hug from the coach, instead he threw me against a tree yelling at me. I forgot that if one team has three guys finish ahead of a school, it automatically beats that school. The coach reminded me if I had beaten one of the Loyola guys we'd have won the fricking meet. Later I'll tell the story of the city league meet and what a bummer that was. LOL.

GO BRO RICE!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 12:37 AM)
Harry are you going to the game? If I ever come in for a game do you want to go? Football or Bobby Frasor ball?

That's neat you say we should make the quarters at least. You are right about the traffic. I remember one time we drove to Loyola land for a cross country meet on a Friday and it sucked. That was the day three Loyola guys finished ahead of me in a big meet and I got fifth. I thought I was gonna get a big hug from the coach, instead he threw me against a tree yelling at me. I forgot that if one team has three guys finish ahead of a school, it automatically beats that school. The coach reminded me if I had beaten one of the Loyola guys we'd have won the fricking meet. Later I'll tell the story of the city league meet and what a bummer that was. LOL.

GO BRO RICE!

Winner of Brother Rice vs Loyola will be #1 in 8A playoffs. The loser is most likely the #9 seed. 1 of Loyola/BR, Palatine, Hinsdale Central, St. Charles East, Neuqua Valley, HF, Oswego, and West Aurora should all be 9-0

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 08:35 AM)
Winner of Brother Rice vs Loyola will be #1 in 8A playoffs. The loser is most likely the #9 seed. 1 of Loyola/BR, Palatine, Hinsdale Central, St. Charles East, Neuqua Valley, HF, Oswego, and West Aurora should all be 9-0

8A this year is so sick.

If Loyola or BR wins this weekend and wins state, that maybe one of the greatest high school seasons ever. Too much hyperbole?

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 08:37 AM)
8A this year is so sick.

If Loyola or BR wins this weekend and wins state, that maybe one of the greatest high school seasons ever. Too much hyperbole?

Not really.

You can go 8-1 and end up with a Maine South (who almost beat Loyola), or go 9-0 and in week two go to a LWE (who almost beat HF and lost to a good Bradley team) and was ranked rather highly all season.

7A is an absolute joke. I still think MC wins it all with a rather weak team.

greg, I am not certain I am going to the Rice game. There is something intriguing about the Providence/MC game.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
Not really.

You can go 8-1 and end up with a Maine South (who almost beat Loyola), or go 9-0 and in week two go to a LWE (who almost beat HF and lost to a good Bradley team) and was ranked rather highly all season.

7A is an absolute joke. I still think MC wins it all with a rather weak team.

greg, I am not certain I am going to the Rice game. There is something intriguing about the Providence/MC game.

Damn it would have been nice to win 7A. Was Rice ever 7A before? We're not going to win at LWE or on the road against anybody elite in the playoffs I don't think. Rice is great, don't get me wrong, but the fact Rita scored that many points again proved we're average on defense, excellent on offense. Do all those good playoff teams run the spread or are some old school high school offenses.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)
Damn it would have been nice to win 7A. Was Rice ever 7A before? We're not going to win at LWE or on the road against anybody elite in the playoffs I don't think. Rice is great, don't get me wrong, but the fact Rita scored that many points again proved we're average on defense, excellent on offense. Do all those good playoff teams run the spread or are some old school high school offenses.

Steve Soucie's projections are right here: https://edgytim.forums.rivals.com/threads/f...ons-here.11438/