Sign in to follow this  
Y2Jimmy0

Illinois High School Football Thread

Congrats Brian.. Warren's defense stat wise appears to be the best in state history. I was unable to watch the game as no way I was signing up for a month of ISHSAA games with automatic renewal for one game. It would be unfair of me to comment at all. I dont' even know if Rice came close to scoring.

I will say it has to be tough to be a h.s. coach. The way Rice had been playing of late, scoring a lot of points with tough defense prolly had our coach thinking we could beat em straight up, especially since we beat 'em last year. Obviously Warren's defense is special. I wonder if we threw everything at them or just tried to beat em with our new QB's running ability and Shaw's running ability. I'll have to read the game stories now.

But congrats Brian. Warren and LW East should be incredible. It's obvious they are the two best teams. Again I didn't watch the game so I'm not trying to be critical at all. I just know Warren has a great great defense and we got shut out. They've allowed 30 points all year or something.

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

Congrats Brian.. Warren's defense stat wise appears to be the best in state history. I was unable to watch the game as no way I was signing up for a month of ISHSAA games with automatic renewal for one game. It would be unfair of me to comment at all. I dont' even know if Rice came close to scoring.

I will say it has to be tough to be a h.s. coach. The way Rice had been playing of late, scoring a lot of points with tough defense prolly had our coach thinking we could beat em straight up, especially since we beat 'em last year. Obviously Warren's defense is special. I wonder if we threw everything at them or just tried to beat em with our new QB's running ability and Shaw's running ability. I'll have to read the game stories now.

But congrats Brian. Warren and LW East should be incredible. It's obvious they are the two best teams. Again I didn't watch the game so I'm not trying to be critical at all. I just know Warren has a great great defense and we got shut out. They've allowed 30 points all year or something.

I think Rice had a few drives where Warren blocked a FG then got some turnovers.

Next week will obviously be toughest test of the year. AJ HEnning is a speed demon and they got other weapons. 
Things finally went Warren’s way in playoffs. We had great teams like 10 years ago but IHSA did the dumb quads and we were always facing Loyola or Maine south in the 1st or 2nd round.

15 hours ago, Brian said:

I think Rice had a few drives where Warren blocked a FG then got some turnovers.

Next week will obviously be toughest test of the year. AJ HEnning is a speed demon and they got other weapons. 
Things finally went Warren’s way in playoffs. We had great teams like 10 years ago but IHSA did the dumb quads and we were always facing Loyola or Maine south in the 1st or 2nd round.

It's so hard to reach the state final in Illinois much less win it. Gotta win four games to get there! You gotta be bleeping me. Here's hoping St Rita wins the 5A title and St Laurence the Prep Bowl.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:21 AM, Brian said:

Rice had some big plays early and was inside the 30 four times in the first half but couldn't capitalize.  Dropped a lot of passes.  They were getting open often downfield.

The Warren DL was as good as I have seen and I have seen a lot of high school football.

Warren had two big plays to make it 14-0 and the score to make it 14-0 took the air out of Rice.  It really could have been 0-0 going into the 4th quarter.

I will give Rice credit they played hard and made a game of it but seemed to have been worn down.

Warren was the better team as was LWE v Marist.

Greg the Naz QB has ties to Rice and if not for where the family lives he would be at RIce. 

The 7A and 8A will both be great games. 

One of the biggest schools in state and we haven’t had a good QB in like 30 years. 
I’d be pissed if I was on Warren’s defense.

Figured Henning would break one eventually. Helluva run anyway.

So no Brother Rice football until Feb. 15. Illinois State High School Activities Association ruled today football will be played in the spring, starting Feb. 15.

Assuming you need to let the kids work out a month in advance, they'll be practicing in Chicago winter weather Jan. 15 or so? So many questions. Are voluntary workouts allowed in the fall? So these kids will basically be practicing the first day of school until hitting it hard on Jan. 15? Or are workouts not allowed at all til the actual football season?

Will some of the seniors who have landed scholarships just sit this one out? I mean you make it all the way to February, why bother? Can you imagine if we have a winter that is especially cold or snowy? You have three games in February, then four in March, four in April and the playoffs in May before graduation? I don't see why some of the sports like CC are allowed to be played in the fall and not football. Yes cases are going up and science predicts a gloomy outlook. But this winter could be spike city.

In conclusion ... February weather, so close to graduation ... why would a senior football player even bother? Just fix the itch playing on the streets and parks of Chicago and move on to college. Sad day.

Edited by greg775

On 11/30/2019 at 11:07 PM, Eloy Jiménez said:

Proud Lincoln-Way East alum. The success in football has really been unreal.

Oh God, A Griffin.