Illinois High School Football Thread

greg they are on BRTV

Also st Christina is on that channel as grammar school championships are being aired after rice game

As a sox fan and rice guy here you go

MC out of playoffs

Marist and Rita out

Huntley beat Stevenson, if Oswego west wins and Loyola and rice win first two, Loyola comes to rice in quarters

Cubs lost quite a Friday night

8A is all kinds of messed up.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 08:47 PM)
Fremd is up 28-17 at Brother Rice with 6 mins left in the 3Q. It would awesome to see BR get beat in round 1.

Tough 45-42 loss for Rice. Quite frankly Fremd looked like the better team though Rice gave it a helluva effort late. Rice was flat early, even though it only trailed by four at half then trailed by two scores much of the second half. Maybe a Loyola loss hangover. The Rice offense got it going from late third quarter on, but Fremd kept answering.

Rice's heart and soul, Brian Olsen, got taken off on a stretcher late and the stadium was dead silent in respect for about 10 minutes as he was attended to. I pray he's OK.

Q for high school fans on here. Is Fremd in a good conference? Do they have a good program? Or was this some monumental upset today? Good season for Rice. I watched several games on the internet and I'd say they had to have had the best offense in school history, stars running all over the place, but the defense was very sieve-like. During much of the regular season the defense did come up with individual big plays to save the day in some close, high scoring games, but it was overall a porous defense. Rice also has a heckuva junior kicker who could have been a weapon the more they advanced in the playoffs.

Go Bro Rice!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 04:12 PM)
Tough 45-42 loss for Rice. Quite frankly Fremd looked like the better team though Rice gave it a helluva effort late. Rice was flat early, even though it only trailed by four at half then trailed by two scores much of the second half. Maybe a Loyola loss hangover. The Rice offense got it going from late third quarter on, but Fremd kept answering.

Rice's heart and soul, Brian Olsen, got taken off on a stretcher late and the stadium was dead silent in respect for about 10 minutes as he was attended to. I pray he's OK.

Q for high school fans on here. Is Fremd in a good conference? Do they have a good program? Or was this some monumental upset today? Good season for Rice. I watched several games on the internet and I'd say they had to have had the best offense in school history, stars running all over the place, but the defense was very sieve-like. During much of the regular season the defense did come up with individual big plays to save the day in some close, high scoring games, but it was overall a porous defense.

Go Bro Rice!

Fremd is good. They lost to 8-1 Barrington and 9-0 Palatine. It's still a massive upset though. Defense matters and Brother Rice doesn't have one. I didn't think Rice could win a state title but I didn't expect this.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 09:16 PM)
Fremd is good. They lost to 8-1 Barrington and 9-0 Palatine. It's still a massive upset though. Defense matters and Brother Rice doesn't have one. I didn't think Rice could win a state title but I didn't expect this.

Good point about defense. Rice has a couple real studs on defense yet the unit stunk.

I wish I could remember the particulars but I felt like this game was lost when Rice had it fourth and 1 at the 1 and elected to boot a field goal. I believe it was early in the fourth and the kick left Rice down by two scores I believe. I felt like a team with the best offense in the state has to go for it on fourth and one. I think had Rice scored a TD they STILL would have been down by a few points. Sure enough Fremd scored the next possession and Rice was a little bit too far behind to make the comeback work.

Not to be mean but sometimes coaches do the darndest things on the sidelines. If coach Badke (sp) was watching that game on TV I guarantee you he'd say 'go for it' in that situation. But on the sidelines he thought the 3 points was the best option even though they are on the 1 yard line. Hmmm.

If I'm getting the particulars wrong I apologize. But I think what I described is correct. A TD was pretty much needed there. I'm sure the kids were a bit deflated kicking it as like I said, it's probably the best offense in Rice history and u gotta be able to get one yard there.

Oh well. I really as an alum am proud of those kids. They really play hard. This was the only game I sensed some less than stellar effort at times.

Smalling and the QB Borelli and running back whose name escapes me plus Brian the LB who got hurt and a big lineman whose name escapes me, also a receiver named Houston and a return man whose name escapes me who is damn good. Rice had some damn fine players. And their kicker can kick.

Oh well, u got to believe Loyola woulda beat them again.

GO BRO RICE!

p.s. to the average chicagoan is Rice hated or respected as a school?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 09:37 AM)
8A lost a lot of luster with that injury and Rice and Stevenson losing. New Trier or LWE could be in Champaign.

I don't know if New Trier will beat St. Charles East. They beat us up pretty good. They have a QB that runs their Triple Option Offense really well.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 08:04 PM)
Maine South is in the semifinals? How did that happen? And the semifinal is in Park Ridge. Whatever works. If they do beat Palatine somehow, I would imagine Loyola steamrolls them again.

I don't think Palatine will be able to score enough. Their D is tough but too many injuries on O.

Dear Fenwick Community,

In Saturday evening’s 7A state semi-final football game between Plainfield North High School and Fenwick High School, the IHSA officials instructed the teams to play after time expired and as a result awarded a win to the wrong team. Pursuant to the outcome of the game, IHSA invited Fenwick to submit an appeal to the IHSA. Early this morning, the IHSA Board determined that it would not hear the appeal. As a result, in an effort to protect the rights and rightfully earned opportunities of our students, Fenwick High School has filed a lawsuit in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois seeking declaratory, injunctive and other relief against IHSA. Please refer all media inquiry to Peter Groom, Principal of Fenwick High School.