The Anthem

greg775

Do you support what Colin did?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Kaepernick's decision to sit?

• Yes. Great way to express himself
    • No. What was he thinking?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 04:44 PM)
It's kind of weird to stand up when alone in your living room and nobody's in the house but yourself. Somebody might accuse you of talking to yourself.

Seems odd to think about yourself when you’re disrespecting the military.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 04:38 PM)
People have the right to do whatever they want. Nobody is saying Colin and the others can't kneel during the anthem. However it doesn't have to be a popular move. Again ... like I said, can the average Joe "protest" while at work? The answer is no. You'd be fired in many lines of work for calling attention to yourself via protest.

I support Colin's right to do whatever he wants. I'm saying it's not a great way to protest something in a team sport. You are off on your own island.

Why not attack the issue in a more productive way when you are offending military by the method you chose? Also you are protesting on company time so to speak when most people can't lest they be fired?

Does the average Joe have the opportunity for this kind of protest? At my work we recite the pledges to America and Texas but I bet I'm one of the few here. It's just not a meaningful comparison.

People have the option to counter protest by boycotting the NFL, burning merchandise, etc to eventually force their owners (we need a better word don't we?) to stop the protest. This basically begins the process that you will only have the right to speech that your owner approves of. How's that for freedom?

Or every working person can support his right to free speech by NOT demanding the player's owners stop the speech. If you truly care about freedoms, they need to be protected.

Monsieur l’abbé, je déteste ce que vous écrivez, mais je donnerai ma vie pour que vous puissiez continuer à écrire or in an easier to understand form

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

The moderators here have used this phrase many, many, times through the years.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 04:38 PM)
People have the right to do whatever they want. Nobody is saying Colin and the others can't kneel during the anthem. However it doesn't have to be a popular move. Again ... like I said, can the average Joe "protest" while at work? The answer is no. You'd be fired in many lines of work for calling attention to yourself via protest.

I support Colin's right to do whatever he wants. I'm saying it's not a great way to protest something in a team sport. You are off on your own island.

Why not attack the issue in a more productive way when you are offending military by the method you chose? Also you are protesting on company time so to speak when most people can't lest they be fired?

Kaepernick has been unable to find employment again because of his protest, so he is just like the average Joe you mentioned protesting at their own work.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 3, 2018 -> 04:29 AM)
Kaepernick has been unable to find employment again because of his protest, so he is just like the average Joe you mentioned protesting at their own work.

Kaep probably should be happy he's not playing. The brain injury thing is serious issue and surely he's set for life financially from his previous years in the league.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 06:50 PM)
Kaep probably should be happy he's not playing. The brain injury thing is serious issue and surely he's set for life financially from his previous years in the league.

He could have made a ton of money holding a clipboard on Sundays. Ask Mike Glennon.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 02:14 AM)
He could have made a ton of money holding a clipboard on Sundays. Ask Mike Glennon.

You make a good point. Best job in the world is backup quarterback as long as you don't play. Again, the concussion thing is too serious.