Tim Anderson: Serious ROY Candidate?

Dunt

I still think Fulmer and Naquin would have the edge right now and maybe Sanchez plays into the race if he sparks a NYY playoff run, but isn't Tim Anderson right there with these guys? From everything I can tell, Naquin's numbers are inflated by an incredibly high BABIP while Fulmer's peripherals aren't nearly as shiny as his ERA would have you believe. If Anderson has a solid September, I see no reason why he couldnt win ROY this year.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 01:57 PM)
I still think Fulmer and Naquin would have the edge right now and maybe Sanchez plays into the race if he sparks a NYY playoff run, but isn't Tim Anderson right there with these guys? From everything I can tell, Naquin's numbers are inflated by an incredibly high BABIP while Fulmer's peripherals aren't nearly as shiny as his ERA would have you believe. If Anderson has a solid September, I see no reason why he couldnt win ROY this year.

Between who you mentioned, and also Mazara, Kepler and Cuthbert, I don't think Timmy will win it. But he very well may finish top 3 in voting with a good finish.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 02:25 PM)
As someone who owns Fulmer on most of my fantasy teams (I know no one cares), I find it hard to see ROY go to anyone else. This guy has been nails.

Thread hijack, it pisses me off seeing how well the Tigers did at the last deadline when they actually sold off on their assets. Something KW will never do.

Tigers traded Cespedes, Price and Soria.

They got Fulmer, Norris, Boyd, Jairo Labourt, Luis Cessa and Jacoby Jones.

That's 3/5 of their rotation, a top ten prospect, a top twenty prospect and a prospect who has traded for Justin Wilson. That's for three expiring contracts (albeit three good ones).

Jebus

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 04:25 PM)
As someone who owns Fulmer on most of my fantasy teams (I know no one cares), I find it hard to see ROY go to anyone else. This guy has been nails.

Thread hijack, it pisses me off seeing how well the Tigers did at the last deadline when they actually sold off on their assets. Something KW will never do.

That's 3/5 of their rotation, a top ten prospect, a top twenty prospect and a prospect who has traded for Justin Wilson. That's for three expiring contracts (albeit three good ones).

So what you're saying is Sale and Quintana should net a whole playoff team and a few top prospects.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 06:53 PM)
So what you're saying is Sale and Quintana should net a whole playoff team and a few top prospects.

Good point. When comparing the value of half a year of Price / Cespedes/ Soria... To Sale and Q... Our two offerings are light years better.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 08:53 PM)

I would say the Tigers netted a whole bunch of complimentary guys around the engine that makes that thing go, Miggy, Kinsler and VMart. Fulmer is really damn good though

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 04:25 PM)

He's definitely been solid, but his numbers dont look much different from Carlos Rodon's all things considered and Sox fans havent been all that impressed with Rodon this season. His numbers make him look primed for regression.

Is anyone else disappointed by Tim Anderson's stolen base total?

If you were to average out his SB total to a 162 game season, he would have 15 SBs. For someone with 70+ speed, that is way too low in my opinion. I think Anderson should be raking up 30+ bags a year automatically. Also for someone who doesn't walk a lot, I think he needs to maximize the situation whenever he's on base.

I know that this is his rookie season but I was expecting more from him on the basepaths.

Overreaction over.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
Is anyone else disappointed by Tim Anderson's stolen base total?

If you were to average out his SB total to a 162 game season, he would have 15 SBs. For someone with 70+ speed, that is way too low in my opinion. I think Anderson should be raking up 30+ bags a year automatically. Also for someone who doesn't walk a lot, I think he needs to maximize the situation whenever he's on base.

I know that this is his rookie season but I was expecting more from him on the basepaths.

Overreaction over.

He got one tonight.

If you look at stealing bases as an art then it should be said there is a learning curve to it. Studying and remembering pitchers pick off moves takes time With enough time , the confidence builds. I also think they rather have him concentrating on hitting and defense.

Next year probably see him running a lot more .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 10:39 PM)
He got one tonight.

If you look at stealing bases as an art then it should be said there is a learning curve to it. Studying and remembering pitchers pick off moves takes time With enough time , the confidence builds. I also think they rather have him concentrating on hitting and defense.

Next year probably see him running a lot more .

Bingo. It also depends on how aggressive a manager is as well.