Game Night Across America

elrockinMT

QUOTE (Scoots @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 02:02 AM)
The White Sox are the team to stop the Twins 13 game losing streak. And they will probably be swept. So embarrassing. The twins have 7 hits and 7 runs the sox have 11 hits and 2 runs. Give me a break.

I feel your pain. That's the only word for this season again EMBARRASSING.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 02:16 AM)
What are the odds that Cabrera, Abreu and Frazier ALL actually hit the way they're capable of in April and May next year?

Seems like we always have a key hitter (Melky and Eaton in 2015, Abreu this year) missing in action for at least one-half the season, and it completely debilitates our offense.

Amen, brother. The odds are horrible they'll all hit the way they're capable of in April/May.

Isn't it amazing Abreu has put together a season after all. .292 with 20 homers? You can make a lot of money doing that.

Frazier has 34 homers?

Yet the team blows total chunks. Very strange. I'd really like to see if a real manager can sleepwalk and still get this amount of talent to finish 10 over .500.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 12:47 AM)
I'll give you credit elrockin, I'm not sure how anyone can still endure this frustrating team on a daily basis. Most of us have to take a break now and then for our own sanity, but you just keep on chugging. I may not agree with all your viewpoints, but there's no questioning your fandom. You definitely deserve respect on that front.

Of course. He's the best fan ever.

Good to see Avi show some emotion. Avi isn't very good.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
Q is out of the Cy Young race for sure now. We have to all pull for Sale.

One game is not going to make a difference.

Every pitcher has at least one blow-up game.

Q is still part of the Cy Young running, no matter how panicky fair weather fans feel about it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 02:36 AM)
Of course. He's the best fan ever.

Good to see Avi show some emotion. Avi isn't very good.

He's a great fan. I feel guilty disagreeing with him. I can't have the attitude that he does but I respect him for it.

Remember when the Twins were good every year? What happened? Were they so gawd-awful cheap they simply let any good players they had go? It seems to me you shouldn't even have a franchise if you are not willing to spend as much as the other teams in the AL or at least in your division.

What happened to Minnie? They had one of the best teams every year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
Remember when the Twins were good every year? What happened? Were they so gawd-awful cheap they simply let any good players they had go? It seems to me you shouldn't even have a franchise if you are not willing to spend as much as the other teams in the AL or at least in your division.

1) Overpaid for Hughes/Nolasco/Hughes

2) Bullpen injuries...just not nearly as good as their 2001-2010 versions

3) Mauer has just been a "decent" hitter for the last five years in outdoor stadium, and you need superstar at his salary and position...went from surefire HOFer to a bit questionable

4) Dumb trades, like Wilson Ramos for a reliever or JJ Hardy for a reliever

5) Farm system has been highly rated, but guys like Buxton and Berrios have hit road blocks...nevertheless, Kepler has looked good offensively, and Sano has a ton of potential as well for his age (compared to the likes of Avi/Viciedo/Beckham)

6) Ryan's time came and went as GM...just wasn't nearly as effective after replacing the inept Bill Smith, who was a great farm director but terrible GM

7) In general, lack of pitching development over the last 5 years has really hurt the Twins....plus they can't take advantage of speed/defense/opponents' mistakes like they did in the HHH Metrodome to the Sox and others

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 04:23 AM)
1) Overpaid for Hughes/Nolasco/Hughes

2) Bullpen injuries...just not nearly as good as their 2001-2010 versions

3) Mauer has just been a "decent" hitter for the last five years in outdoor stadium, and you need superstar at his salary and position...went from surefire HOFer to a bit questionable

4) Dumb trades, like Wilson Ramos for a reliever or JJ Hardy for a reliever

5) Farm system has been highly rated, but guys like Buxton and Berrios have hit road blocks...nevertheless, Kepler has looked good offensively, and Sano has a ton of potential as well for his age (compared to the likes of Avi/Viciedo/Beckham)

6) Ryan's time came and went as GM...just wasn't nearly as effective after replacing the inept Bill Smith, who was a great farm director but terrible GM

7) In general, lack of pitching development over the last 5 years has really hurt the Twins....plus they can't take advantage of speed/defense/opponents' mistakes like they did in the HHH Metrodome to the Sox and others

Good answers! I wouldnt mind you listing reasons why the Sox organization has become one of the laughingstocks the last 9-10 years.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 10:30 PM)
11 hits and two walks in the first five innings and they only score two runs. It's really laughable and pathetic.

Mark

One of the trademarks under Ventura is just complete panic in easy RBI situations...

It really is amazing.

He has a complete inability to get his team to relax in clutch situations.

Maybe with a different manager these players might do the same choke jobs again and again.

But I have a gut feeling they wouldn't

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 03:30 AM)
11 hits and two walks in the first five innings and they only score two runs. It's really laughable and pathetic.

Mark

It's hard to believe and this against a team that's lost 13 in a row.

QUOTE (harkness @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 03:53 AM)

Maybe with a different manager these players might do the same choke jobs again and again.

I hear you. I'm not sure either these pathetic players who come to Chicago to collect money while trying to hit every pitch out of the park would fare any better under a new manager. Any pitcher that throws off speed slop out of the zone seems to confound our wealthy, lousy hitters.

But Robin's resume as manager is so poor we need to see if the next manager can get us 10 over .500 or not. We will find out if Robin was the problem, that's for sure.

The saddest thing about this season is many of us knew it was over when we blew that one game when we were 23-10. I can't even remember the particulars now but we lost some crushing game in typical Ventura fashion and voila, just as expected, the season was over. The team laid down and once again you could point to one game as the one that sent us reeling.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)

They have started making front office people accountable. Imagine that? The interim GM is not eve promised the job for next year. Some years ago Gardy complained about the lack of fundamental and they fired instructors. No Buddy Bells allowed anymore. They are the 180 of the White Sox.

QUOTE (harkness @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 10:53 PM)
One of the trademarks under Ventura is just complete panic in easy RBI situations...

It really is amazing.

I think they would. Teams take on the personality of their manager. I've never really gotten the impression Robin gets upset if they lose a game under any circumstances. If Robin talks to the team the same way he talks to the media I have no doubt they've tuned him out.

Edited by soxforlife05