Labor Day Weekend

shipps

What is everyone doing this year?

These days we seem to be doing something with the kids every single weekend but this weekend I am determined to just chill at home. That is something I havent done in a long time and I am not exaggerating.

Gonna bbq some ribs and steaks and let the kids act like animals in our yard.

Throwing a 1st birthday party for our son tomorrow. We wanted to rent a bounce house for the kids, but the price to buy one is barely more than the rental cost, so we bought a new one. If we use it twice it's worth the money, that will be interesting.

Got invited to BBQs the other two days

I live about 45 minutes from the Field of Dreams site. Every year they have a bunch of former players come back and play a game, sign autographs and have a dinner where they tell stories from their playing days at the Grand Harbor Resort in Dubuque, IA. My mom was able to grab free tickets to the dinner through her job at the newspaper so I am going to that. This year has a pretty decent lineup with Wade Boggs, Ted Simmons, Ozzie Smith, Johnny Bench, Curt Schilling, Ivan Rodriguez, Fergie Jenkins, Lee Smith, Robin Yount, Willie McGee, Steve Carlton and Rafael Palmeiro schedule to attend. Should be a good time.

Then on Sunday I am going to the Black Sabbath concert concert in Tinley Park. Should be a fun but busy weekend.

Still winded up going out even though I was really trying to stick to plans of staying at home and relaxing.

We went to the Renaissance Faire which was a lot of fun. First time I was there. I was surprised how it flushed me of money as much as it did though. Not only did me and the wife pay to get in (kids were free under 5years old) but every ride cost at least $3. So that started to really add up as my kids like to go on every ride they see and sometimes more than once.

Had a wedding I was in on Saturday, Baltimore Comic Con on Sunday, did chores on Monday - then I had someone call the cops on me for Gardening While Black (the cops asked me about a 5'10" black male wearing a blue shirt and blue shorts carrying a "butcher knife" (my gardening spade) walking around my neighborhood. So that was fun.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
Had a wedding I was in on Saturday, Baltimore Comic Con on Sunday, did chores on Monday - then I had someone call the cops on me for Gardening While Black (the cops asked me about a 5'10" black male wearing a blue shirt and blue shorts carrying a "butcher knife" (my gardening spade) walking around my neighborhood. So that was fun.

God that's awful/dumb/stupid/terrible.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)

That's some bulls*** man. I'm sorry you had to go through that.